Chapter 3: Lilian Lemaire

Having transmigrated, I found that my appearance had not changed very much. I still had my long waist length ash blonde hair and the same facial features. All that was different was my eye color that had changed to a lilac color. Even my parents from my past life were exactly the same in my transmigrated life. However, neither have memories of their other life.

It took me awhile to accept that I truly became Lilian Lemaire...

Lilian Lemaire is the heroine Elze Kruger's best friend who gets killed from a stalker of a novel I recently read. At her funeral, the heroine Elze Kruger and the male lead Sheze Chaldean meet and become attracted to each other at first sight.

Lilian Lemaire does not have much of an impression in the novel. She had a supposedly plain and gentle personality who caught the eye of the outgoing heroine when they were children.

She dies before the two are reunited. The main heroine comes to regret having invited her out the day she invited Lilian Lemaire and takes it upon herself to find the killer and never fall in love. She ends up falling for the male lead whom she first thought had been the killer. The two continue to meet to find the killer and end up falling in love. After Lilian's killer is caught, the heroine goes to Lilian's grave and asks for forgiveness before confessing her true feelings to the male lead whom had already long confessed to her.

My death is the opening for multiple serial killings that happens afterwards.

I was a painfully plain person with low self confidence. I did not believe believe in being able to fight fate, so I accepted my fate of dying in the story.

At the very least, I wanted to experience a good life. Luckily, my family was quite wealthy and allowed me to do the things that I liked such as traveling, eating out at several restaurants, and taking up several hobbies like pottery or gardening.

I heard some rumors of a very good brewery in town and just had to come see what the fuss was about.

The best time to drink would be around night, but I cannot go as myself and cannot exactly go as a woman either since it is dangerous for most women to go out alone anyways.

The solution I came up with was crossdressing as a man. I added a lot of shoulder pads in my coat as well as my shirt and bound my large chest with some binding tape and put on some large glasses and tied my hair in a long ponytail since it was not odd for many men to keep their hair long. I told my family that I would be at a friend's house when in reality I was going drinking at a new pub.

There were not a lot of women there when I got there, and when there were, they were often accompanying a strong looking man.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a handsome man with long brown hair, a high bridged nose, sharp blue eyes and glasses who sat by himself.

He was such a handsome intellectual looking beauty but also seemed a bit unapproachable from his aloofness in quickly dismissing any women approaching him.

The only available seat at the bar happened to be next to him, so I quickly went over.

"Do you mind if I take this seat?" I asked the man.

He looked at me for a moment before turning his back to me again.

"I do not mind if it is a man," he said as he continued drinking.

I took his answer as a 'yes' and sat beside him.

I ordered some alcoholic myself some drinks from their menu that I wanted to try. Each drink went down smoothly. I felt completely satisfied.

I soon heard a loud thud right next to me that broke me out of my content state.

The man who I had ignored since I sat beside had dropped his head onto the table with a loud thud.

"...Another drink," the man ordered from the bartender.

The bartender seemed a bit reluctant at first but went to getting another drink after seeing his fierce glare.

His eyelashes were impossibly long...

He was slightly flushed, but I could tell that he was at his limit from his wavering eyes.

"You should not force yourself to drink it," I said.

"...You can tell?" he asked with a slightly surprised expression.

I chuckled softly.

This person is quite funny. Of course I could tell he was at his limit when his head banged onto the table so heavily.

I took the drink the bartender put out and exchanged it with a glass of water for him.

"I will give you this in return," I said as I drank his cup.

He watched me with curiosity.

"How can a man as small as you drink so much?" he asked.

The man was slouching right now, but I could tell that he was nearly 190cm with a look. I was a mere 170cm but not so much to be called small...

"How can someone as large as you be so weak with alcohol?" I asked teasingly.

He seemed a little mad at my words and stood up suddenly only to slouch back down because it seemed like he was about to throw up.

He took water cup I gave him earlier and drank it gratefully.

"What are you doing out here by yourself? Did someone break your heart?" he asked.

"Can't someone go out and enjoy drinks without getting their heart broken?" I asked sharply.

"...I guess," he said weakly.

"You do not look like the type to come to these places," I said.

"I don't fit in?" he asked as if he was completely oblivious to his own looks.

"You are dressed too neatly with all of your buttons buttoned up all the way. It is a casual affair at this place, so wouldn't you stand out even more looking like that?" I asked.

"You do not exactly fit in either," he said.

"I came here because I was told the drinks were good. I am not trying to mingle with other people," I responded as I snapped my head back.

"When you took my drink for me, is that not your way of trying to mingle with me?" he asked.

"I took your drink because I was worried for your tolerance. A good deed can be left unsaid," I responded with a smile.

"...You do not have any other intentions?" he asked.

Is he the type to be suspicious of others all of the time?

"Shall I let you hear a secret?" I asked as I motioned him to lend me his ear. He obediently lended me his ear. "I would be lying if I said that I did not have any hidden intentions towards you. After all, your face is exactly my type."

I wonder if it was because I was in a new body or I had lost count of my drinks by mistake and drank too much. I was nearly wiped out with that last drink.

The next few moments were quite a blur. I think it was the man who first took my hand and led me up to one of the rooms he rented. When the door closed behind us, he pressed me to the wall and suddenly kissed me.

Does he not realize that I am not a man?!