Chapter 34: Your Ghost

"The next thing that I will tell you will be for our ears only...There is a book that describe the same exact scenario of what is happening to all of us," I said.

"...On the day of the festival, we were both captured by the man who was supposed to be the Platinum Killer, but you and I know full well that he died that day. However, deaths are still occurring in the same manner as if he did not die at all," I said.

"Do you think his ghost came back to kill others?" Miss Koran asked worriedly as if she were scared of ghosts.

Her only weakness seemed to be ghosts...How cute.

"...I don't believe in ghosts, but if there are, they are definitely not involved in this case," I said as I walked up a hill. "Ghosts have no need for physical desires..."

"Why are we back at the Count's Mansion?" Miss Koran asked when we stopped in front of the entrance of Teacher's mansion.

"...It was supposed to begin here with my death," I said to Miss Koran as I took down the police tape over the front doors.

I began walking through the mansion that had been stripped of most of its valuables. It looked much different than the last time I was here, but the layout was still fresh in my mind like I was here just yesterday.

"What do you mean by your death?" Miss Koran asked.

I began to tell Miss Koran how the original story should have gone, and how I messed things up by getting involved with Sheze who was originally supposed to be with Elze and killing the man who was supposed to kill me.

"People still ended up dying. I could not prevent their deaths even though I was aware of the story," I said with a grimace.

"Did you not think of reaching out to the Duke when you were experiencing problems with your stalker?" Miss Koran asked.

"No, the person that he needed to be by his side will always be Elze. I already made the mistake of approaching him before and have paid for it. I think it is even more wrong to think that he could solve all of my problems for me right now," I said.

"Lady Lilian, you are a respectable person for trying to do everything on your own, but there are limits to what you can do alone. You now have me by your side," Miss Koran said as she held my hands. "Please rely on me from now on."

I suddenly began crying from her warm words again.

It was hard being alone...It was really hard having no one to talk to about my problems and thinking of ways to protect myself.

"Thank you, Miss Koran," I said as I answered her with a smile.

"...It has been awhile since I have gone under your wing. When will you call me by just my name?" Miss Koran asked as she placed her hand on my cheek.

As Miss Koran's number one fan, I can die now...

"...E-Eventually," I said as I brushed off her hand lightly.

"I will be waiting," Miss Koran said teasingly.

"Miss Koran, if you do not mind me asking, what is Sheze doing right now?" I asked.

"I have not contacted the Duke after leaving his side," Miss Koran said calmly.

"Is it my fault?" I asked her.

"No, I never usually go to see the Duke unless it is for business. The only time I did seek him was when I handed in my resignation letter...That time I smacked him across his face for you," Miss Koran said bluntly.

"For me?" I asked.

"It is not a big deal," Miss Koran said.

I doubt that slapping Sheze is not a big deal...and Miss Koran is not an unreasonable person.

"Thank you, Miss Koran," I said with a smile.

"If you want to know something, I could always go back and ask," Miss Koran said.

"No, it is fine...I just want to know if the Platinum Killer is a case that Sheze would typically handle," I said.

"Unless the Duke is ordered by the King...I doubt that the Duke would get involved especially," Miss Koran said.

"According to the book, he will eventually get involved after the forth murder," I said.

"There will be a fourth murder?" Miss Koran asked.

"It will happen tonight," I said.

"When you booked a room at the Inn, was it to be closer to the crime scene?" Miss Koran asked.

"It is not just close, I booked the room linking to the crime scene," I said as I took off my wig. "I will be the bait."

"...I wish that you would consult these things with me first," Miss Koran said.

"I'm sorry...I will try to consult things with you from now on," I said.

"You should not get used to doing things on your own too often...Do you mind me asking if that book the reason you decided to leave the Duke?" Miss Koran asked.

"...No, if Sheze still loved me after meeting Elze, I would have probably have fought to stay with him. In the end, that thought was useless after I confirmed his feelings for Elze," I said with a sigh.

"Fighting for love...I wish that I could do that too," Miss Koran said.

"Do you have someone in mind?" I asked Miss Koran.

"I would rather talk about such things when we are not trespassing on someone else's property," Miss Koran replied with a smile.

I soon noticed that we had found ourselves in Teacher's bedroom while we were talking.

"I suppose that it is indeed quite odd if we were to tell romance stories while in someone else's bedroom," I said.

Miss Koran suddenly pushed me onto the bed and climbed over me.

"Shall we start our own romance story right here, Lady Lilian?" Miss Koran suggested.

A-Anymore than this and I feel like I will end up in the forbidden garden...

"N-No...I am good," I said as I lightly pushed Miss Koran away.

Miss Koran is such a big flirt...Her romance story should not be pitiful if she is this forceful.

"Oddly enough, this entire bedroom alone has not been touched one bit," Miss Koran said as she inspected the room with her eyes.

"There must not be anything valuable in here," I said.

"The bed frame is actually quite expensive, so it should fetch for a good price. I saw the legs screwed into the ground, so that must be why they could not remove it," Miss Koran said as she began playing with the wooden headrest and forming an iris flower in the center. A trapdoor had opened beside the bed. "I was playing with the puzzle on the legs as well. Who knew it would open up a hidden room?"

Miss Koran is too resourceful for someone like me...