Chapter 40: False White Lily

I hurt Elze with my actions. Hiding the truth from her only made her feel worse about the fact that I was Sheze's ex-lover...

"Let me tell you the truth...I did see the Platinum Killer, but he did not injure me. He was injured, but I let him go because it was beneficial for me. I was able to fake an injury and have Sheze come and protect me. Most importantly, the killer is still out there and he has a thing for pretty blondes like you," Elze said as she caressed my cheek. "Once he gets to you, I will go console Sheze about your death."

I slapped Elze's hand away.

"You are not Elze. She would never say such cruel things," I said sternly.

"You are not my Lilian then! The Lilian I know would never open up her legs for a stranger much less the man who was meant for my destiny!" Elze shouted.

I shriveled slightly from her words.

I could not refute her words because I was not her Lilian and neither was I a person important to the development of the story. I ruined the pure and passionate love that was supposed to happen between Elze and Sheze.

"What should I do to get you to forgive me?" I asked her.

Elze grabbed my face and looked deep into my eyes.

"Never give yourself to another man for the rest of your life," Elze said with an icy smile. "Do that and I will forgive you. I could never hate you after you have hurt me so much. All I need you to do is at least not try to hurt anyone else's relationship like you did to mine."

Elze soon grabbed her arm that was wrapped in bandages and squeezed it until she was oozing blood through her bandages.

"A fake wound would not have been able to bleed like that!" I said surprisedly.

"Lilian, you fail to realize that I could have put an injury on myself whenever I was alone. A fake injury would only last so long...Let this be a lesson. This is how you make a lie turn into the truth," Elze said with a sinister smile.

She soon let out a high pitched scream.

I understood that Elze was trying to frame me, but I still went to stop her from hurting herself any further by grabbing her other wrist.

"Stop it, Elze. You do not have to hurt yourself anymore. If you keep doing this, it will only hurt you more," I told her worriedly.

"...You are too kind. This is one of the many reasons I love you, Lilian," Elze said with a chuckle.

Her words seem to contradict her actions...

Miss Koran was the first to burst into the room.

I was in an unfavorable situation with Elze's blood on my hands.

"You dirty vile vixen!" Miss Koran shouted at Elze as she went to cover me. I was so elated when Miss Koran took my side that I began crying. Even though I had Elze's blood on my hands, she still chose to believe in me. "You can probably fool everyone with your angelic appearance, but you cannot fool me!"

Miss Koran drew her sword at Elze's throat.

"Wait! Miss Koran!" I said as I tried to stop her.

"Don't stop me, Lady Lilian!" Miss Koran shouted.

Sheze and several other Knights bursted into the room to find Miss Koran with her sword drawn towards Elze, Elze bleeding from her wounds, and me with her blood on my hands.

I was suddenly on the receiving end of Sheze's glare. I shivered under his fierce unkind gaze.

"What happened here?" Sheze asked.

Elze quickly latched onto Sheze's arm.

"Please do not blame Lilian. She did not mean to hurt me. She was just a bit forceful when she told me that I was behaving unlike a lady, but that is all," Elze said woefully.

"You wench!" Miss Koran said angrily under her breath.

Anymore and I fear that Miss Koran will really strike Elze down. We will look like the guilty party even further if she does...

"...Miss Koran please withdraw your blade," I ordered sternly.

Miss Koran was very reluctant at first but sheathed her blade after calming down to her usual stoic self.

"Please leave," Sheze said coldly as he held Elze's shoulders.

"I will be leaving now," I said as I took Miss Koran's hand with me. I looked back for a moment. Elze pretended to shiver in fear behind Sheze's back as I walked past her. "I truly am sorry, Elze. I will do as you have asked from now on..."

With that, we made our exit in the worst way possible...

"I truly apologize for not controlling my emotions earlier, Lady Lilian," Miss Koran said in the carriage.

"No, I actually found your angered face quite refreshing," I said with a chuckle. "I never knew that Miss Koran could make such an angry face like that before."

"I have shown you an embarrassing side," Miss Koran said shyly.

A side full of murderous intent is embarrassing to Miss Koran? Oh, have the times changed...

"Do not worry, Miss Koran. I will still accept you even if you were to show me all of your embarrassing sides," I said coolly.

"My! That is the kind of line every woman needs to hear," Miss Koran said jokingly.

We both soon heaved a heavy dismal sigh. No lighthearted conversation could cover up the extremely stressful situation that happened earlier...

"You were right for doubting Elze, Miss Koran," I said.

"So, which was it? Was she faking an injury or was she faking the whole thing?" Miss Koran asked.

"She saw the Platinum Killer injured but chose not to report it and faked an injury to get Sheze to protect her," I said discouragingly.

"A fake injury could only last so long..." Miss Koran said.

"I do admit her ambition is almost admirable. She cut her wrist when no one was looking in order to make her lie become the truth," I said.

"I never thought a woman could go that far to get a man's attention," Miss Koran said. "Is it because the Duke was born with a face that drives many women crazy?"

"I had always thought Sheze's handsomeness to be abnormal. If it had an effect to drive women this crazy, is his face going to cause a national crisis?" I asked.

"It is better to eliminate him then," Miss Koran said coldly.

"No, no...Doing that in itself would cause a national crisis," I reasoned with Miss Koran.

"That Elze herself is quite the fox," Miss Koran said.

"In the book, she is like a white lily, pure and graceful with a heart abundant of kindness...I never expected Elze to be so corrupted over a man. Maybe my Teacher was right? I corrupt everyone around me..." I said gloomily.

Miss Koran reaches her hand out and held my hand.

"That is definitely not true," Miss Koran said. "I am proof that you make me a better person, Lady Lilian."

"Haha...You are too good to me, Miss Koran. I ruined Elze's chance at a pure and beautiful romance, but I do not regret it one bit. I enjoyed every moment I was with Sheze. That is how terrible of a person I am," I said as I began sobbing dreadfully. "My only regret is not being able to tell him that I loved him too...but it seems like it would be useless if I told him now. He is already on Elze's side..."