Chapter 50: Checkmate

We could soon hear the clanging of armor coming up the hill.

"...Who is that?" I asked with a smile.

"Another one of your tricks, Lilian?" Elze said as he ran out to look outside the windows. "Knights! What are they doing here? I already sent them away the other day."

I pulled myself together and tried to sit upright against the bed frame.

"How was I supposed to know that the Knights were coming here?" I asked innocently.

Elze soon got back on the bed and slammed his hand against the wall.

"You called them here. How?" Elze asked angrily. "I disposed all of the paper airplanes you sent out."

"I wonder..." I said as I handcuffed his wrist to the bed frame.

"This is not mine!" Elze said surprisedly.

I head butted Elze's chin and moved out of his grasp.

"It belongs to Teacher. I found it in this room under the bed...What do you know? Perverts think alike," I said as I grabbed a white buttoned shirt and wore it along with a spare skirt I left in the drawers.

"How did you gather the Knights?" Elze asked.

"I did not gather them. Miss Koran did," I said.

"How?" Elze asked.

"While you were paying attention to the airplanes, I passed letters with stray cats that would come by this manor. For some reason, so many cats gather around this mansion as their place of rest but leave to find scraps in the city. I thought that I might as well use this knowledge to my advantage...All I needed was just one of them to find Miss Koran. It would only be a matter of time before she found a letter with a list of instructions to visit your home and break into your home for evidence. There was probably damming evidence as you being the messy Platinum Killer that you are and how your potion bottles were found at the crime scenes. All they have to do is match the liquids with the ingredients found in your labs to the ones from the crime scenes," I explained as I finished dressing myself.

I took the gamble of whether Elze hid the remains of her laboratory or not. As I expected, Elze never thought about being caught and left evidence easy to find in her other home. Her overconfidence was her downfall.

"A Knight does not break into someone else's home with probable reason! That is against code!" Elze said.

"That is right...It is against code for a Knight to break into someone's home without reasonable cause, but Miss Koran isn't a Knight anymore," I said diabolically. "She left Sheze to become mine, so she is not a Knight but just someone who swore fealty to me. She broke into your home in the capital on my orders. If the Knights are here, they must have found sufficient evidence to convict you as a Witch at the very least."

"Lilian! You do know that your reputation and your family's reputation won't be safe when they find out that you were kidnapped by me a man! No decent man will every marry you. Everyone will think that you were defiled by me. You will be forever called damaged goods," Elze said with a sinister smile.

I crawled back on the bed and sat on Elze's lap.

"Now, open the hatch wide!" I said as I shoved the numbing potion down his throat and forced him to swallow before releasing him. Elze's body soon grew weak and began twitching. "Doesn't your body feel numb right about now?"

"...How did you manage to get numbing potion?" Elze asked with a raspy breath.

I smiled as I pulled out a lovely glass vial with a glowing light pink liquid inside and poured the contents down Elze's mouth.

Elze's body soon began shrinking and became more shapely and feminine. She had successfully reverted back into a woman.

"I obviously made both of them myself," I said with a smile.

"How! Only Witches can make potions! Even then, it takes several years of practice to make a viable potion. Even for a genius like me, it took me five years before I could make viable potions. There is no way that you could make a potion within three days. It is even less possible if you are not a Witch yourself," Elze said in complete disbelief.

"I always wondered how you were able to become a Witch. When I found your old recipe books in the secret laboratory room, I wondered if I could do it too," I said.

"How did you create a gender swapping potion without a recipe book or my original DNA as a woman?" Elze asked with an annoyed look on her face.

"I read in your notes that sometimes you would either use a bit of your blood or flesh to make potions. Since you left your bloody bandages from when you hurt yourself around, I thought that I might as well use them to my advantage...Even if I am not a Witch, I could just use your blood as a catalyst and come up with a rough formula to change you back to being a woman," I said as I grabbed her face. "Look at you now...My gamble worked."

"Damn you, Lilian!" Elze screeched at me as she shook the bed. "Who knew that you were such a vile and capable person!"

"...That is my line," I said as I went to open the front door for the Knights as well as to meet with Miss Koran.

"Lady Lilian!" Miss Koran said tearfully as she hugged me. "I missed you so much!"

I pat her back lightly as I looked back at Sheze who was standing behind her.

"Elze tried to kill me...She is the true Platinum Killer. I handcuffed her to the bed, so you should arrest her while you can, Duke," I said to Sheze without looking at him.

Sheze nodded and quickly went to arrest Elze without saying another word. I watched as his back fade into the lonely mansion.

Elze was charged on several accounts of murder, unlawful creations of illegal potions and being a Witch.

The Platinum Killer case broke headlines because a young woman as well as a Witch was responsible for so many horrific deaths. Elze was sentenced to death by guillotine along with Heinrich who was charged for destroying important evidence leading up to Elze's long arrest.

I watched Elze's public execution from the beginning until the end...

For some reason, my eyes shed tears when Elze died. I myself was not particularly sad because the Elze I knew was a stranger, but the original owner of my body probably thought differently. She probably really did love the original Elze...

What this Elze did was inexcusable, but I could not help but think it was partly my fault for the person in Elze's body turning out like that.

I truly do corrupt people with just my presence.