Chapter 12: His Confession

My legs felt the full force of yesterday's intense love making all the way up to lunch time as well. I relied on holding onto Sheze's arm until I could stand on my own.

Sheze was so apologetic towards me that he even hand fed me food like I was a sickbay patient. He even suggested bringing me to a Doctor since he feared that I may never be able to walk again. I assured him that I was neither a sickbay patient nor a cripple to avoid a visit to what would have been an incredibly awkward Doctor's visit.

Sheze brought me to one of his villas where introduced me to his beautiful black stallion Ferguson.

"Do you mind it if I pet him?" I asked Sheze.

"Go ahead, Lilian," Sheze said.

Ferguson lowered his head for me and allowed me to pet his smooth mane. Ferguson soon voiced a smooth neigh as if he was happy.

"You are an incredibly handsome horse," I told Ferguson.

"He seems to like you a lot. It's rare for Ferguson to like anyone other than me," Sheze said.

"Is it because I smell like you?" I asked curiously.

Sheze seemed to blush at my question.

"That is a bit embarrassing, Lilian," Sheze said under his breath.

I soon blushed at realizing the implications behind my words.

"I did not mean...Ugh," I said to much of my own embarrassment.

Sheze coughed in his fist slightly before coming up beside me and caressing Ferguson's mane as well

"Some say that he is a lot like me...Maybe that is why he likes you so much," Sheze said with a smile.

I felt embarrassed again by his straightforwardness.

I soon felt Ferguson's snout lift me under my crotch area and push me towards Sheze's chest. Sheze caught me and held me in his embrace.

"He is a bit too much like you," I said with slight irritation in my voice.

Ferguson soon neighed as if he were laughing at my own dismay.

"Let's go on a ride," Sheze said.

Sheze lifted me up into his horse first and climbed up after me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I will take you somewhere nice," Sheze said. I wondered a bit about where he meant to take me and it happened to be a target practicing ground. Sheze felt my thighs and caught me by surprise until he took out one of my throwing daggers. He taught me the proper grip and throwing position. "Try throwing the dagger, Lilian."

I failed the first time. The throw was too short.

"Should I put more power into it?" I asked.

"No, it was perfect. Just focus a little more on your target," Sheze said as he went behind me and held my shoulders. "Look at where you want it to go."

I did as he asked and threw the second dagger after taking in a deep breath. I surprised myself with a bullseye.

"I did it..." I said to much of my own amazement.

I threw a couple more and found a perfect bullseye the whole time. I think I am a little too good at this...

"You are quite talented, Lilian," Sheze said as he clapped his hands for me.

I felt happy being praised by his words.

Sheze soon took my hand and led me towards the lake. At the dock, there was a small green boat. My legs locked up when I saw the boat. I recognized it from the novel. It was the same boat that was mentioned when Sheze first confessed his true feelings to the heroine Elze Kruger.

What if she returned, and he is taking me there to tell me that he is in love with her? Have they even met yet?

"I do not want to go in..." I said as I felt cold sweat going down my neck.

"Are you afraid? I will be there with you. I won't let anything bad happen to you," Sheze said with a smile.

I found his words comfortable and took his hand and went in the boat.

Sheze began rowing to the middle of the lake and stopped.

"Sheze..."

Was he really going to break up with me?

"Lilian, I have something to tell you," Sheze said as he held my hands. "I love you, Lilian Lemaire."

My heart sunk out of despair when I realized that I loved him too. I loved him but could not accept his feelings. I was not his destined person neither was I a person allowed to stay by his side for long.

"Sheze...I..."

"I know that we have a trial relationship, but can we not end it? I want to start an official relationship with you, Lilian," Sheze said.

What about Elze Kruger? What if he falls for her when he meets her? My heart would hurt even more if he goes to her after starting an official relationship with me.

"I am sorry, Sheze...I want to continue this trial relationship for a little longer," I said.

"You still do not love me yet," Sheze said quietly. He smiled despite having received my rejection. "Maybe not today. I hope that you can fall for me someday..."

I returned home afterwards and received a letter from Elze Kruger. The contents said that she would be returning soon.

In the novel, we make plans to meet at the Moon Festival, but she never shows up at our designated location due to miscommunication. In the end, I end up being dragged away by my stalker and dying horribly.

It would be easy to avoid going to the meeting place, but what if the stalker does not really want to kill me but someone who just looks like me? What would happen if he made another young woman his victim? Even if I avoid the designated place entirely, would I even be able to avoid death?

Any unsuspected action would lead to an unforeseen future...