Chapter 19: Destined Partner

Sheze left me a letter before leaving. I ended up sleeping through dinner and woke up with incredible back pain the next day. My back pain was a little more difficult to deal with than usual today, so I stayed in bed reading letters from Elze Kruger.

It was hard for me to get a sense of who she was with the original Lilian Lemaire's fragmented memories. Her letters also mostly described things about what other people did and the only thing she did mention about herself were the things she ate that day.

Elze Kruger went abroad for school, but I had never once seen her ever since I transmigrated and became Lilian Lemaire.

In her newest letter, she told me that she would be arriving in a few days and told me to meet her at a designated location on the day of the upcoming festival, which was also the location of where I was going to meet my stalker...

I cannot divert from the novel too much. I have to follow the events to understand the progression of the story and also properly face my stalker...

I had gone to the authorities and said that I believed that my life was being threatened and asked for protection. However, I was denied since there was no susceptible evidence presented. They were not willing to lend me someone because most of their men would be patrolling the festival grounds.

The same occurred when I asked a few guards from my home to accompany me. Terrible accidents or food poisoning happened to everyone I had asked for help.

It was as if the world was telling me to go there to die...

Later that night, I went to the designated area and waited that hopefully Elze Kruger showed up rather than the stalker this time.

Why does the stalker know where to pinpoint me in a crowd anyways?

Actually, even the spot Elze wanted to meet me at was close to a bad neighborhood and contained lots of dark alleyways.

I soon realized that I only noticed a someone following me when I received a letter saying that Elze Kruger was coming back...

Did Elze Kruger give my information to the stalker so that she could take my place beside Sheze?

I scoffed at myself.

If Elze Kruger was a bad person, it would be easier to say that I hate her. She was destined to be with Sheze like the novel portrayed. If she makes him happy, how could I come to hate her?

A tall person wearing a long hooded black coat peeked out of the shadows. I was suddenly reminded of when I first met my stalker and my legs buckled up.

Despite doing everything to better myself so that I could protect myself, I was still living in constant fear.

"No!" I screamed as I fell backwards.

"Lilian!" Sheze shouted as he came up from behind me.

I was in tears when I looked at his face behind me.

"...Sheze, what are you doing here?" I asked him as he lowered himself for me. The person from the shadows came out from the corner and suddenly got closer to us. "No! We have to go now!"

"Lilian! It's fine. I sent this person to protect you," Sheze said.

The person in the cloak revealed themselves. It was a woman with long cerulean blue hair tied up in a high ponytail and wearing a black Knightly uniform.

This person was following me?

"You sent someone to follow me around?" I asked Sheze. I stood upwards and pushed him away angrily. "How could you do this to me?"