Chapter 30: Koran's Exit

[Koran on her way to Sheze Chaldean's office]

Koran walked briskly through the halls without saying anything more than a greeting to her fellow comrades in arms.

Upon reaching the entrance to Sheze's office, she clicked her heels together before knocking.

"Come in," Sheze answered.

Koran opened the doors to see Sheze standing with his back turned towards her. He soon turned towards her and set his documents down when he saw Koran's serious expression.

As they had been childhood friends and now colleagues, he especially recognized her expression. It meant that she was here to wreak havoc.

Sheze kept a hand over his sword that laid on his desk just in case Koran would pull her sword out against him.

Despite her calm looks, she had a tendency to be especially cruel and violent at random times, earning her the nickname The Ice Queen. Not even Sheze or the King himself could control her whenever she was especially angry.

In contrast to his thoughts, Koran took out a letter with the words 'Resignation' on it.

Sheze released his grip on his sword and picked up the letter.

"What is this, Koran?" Sheze asked.

"It is my resignation letter," Koran replied curtly.

"I can see that...Just why are you handing me this letter?" Sheze asked.

"I have found a new Master that I would like to serve," Miss Koran answered with a smile.

"What about the request I asked about you protecting Lilian?" Sheze asked coldly.

"I will continue with that task of course," Koran replied.

"...Your new Master will be Lilian?" Sheze inquired.

"I intend to receive her permission first," Koran said.

"...I accept your resignation," Sheze said as he tucked the letter into his chest pocket. He then moved from his desk and went to shake Koran's hand one last time. "It will be tough without you, Koran. You were my best Knight after all."

"...We have finally all gone our separate ways," Koran said with a melancholic smile.

"Do you have any regrets?" Sheze asked.

"I have none," Koran said coolly.

"That sounds just like you to be and live like a sword," Sheze said with a smile.

Koran looked as if she were about to shake Sheze's hand until she quickly brought her hand from above and smacked Sheze across his face. Sheze fell onto the floor from the sheer force of Koran's smack. The slap nearly dislocated Sheze's jaw.

"That is for Lady Lilian," Koran said as she bowed respectfully towards Sheze before making her cool exit.

Koran said her goodbyes to her fellow comrades that she had made close relationships with and left on mostly good terms apart from Sheze himself.

Afterwards, she swiftly made her way towards the Lemaire residence.

Lilian was starstruck for a moment before wholeheartedly accepting Koran's heartfelt fealty.