💞

Anya stood in front of the mirror adjusting her blouse. She was sad that she couldn't wear the red sari but her mother told to not to fret and wear a white instead. She didn't like white but her mother was so persistent that she had to agree.

Retouching her makeup she took a deep breath and calmed herself. Today was the day, Aman's family was coming to see her. Her insides were like a zoo Anya was very nervous. She knew her mother already said yes to Aman but still for the formality they were pretending to all the show. Even if she said no Anya knew that Aman would be her husband, Her mother would literally kill her if she said no.

Taking a last glance at the mirror she went back and sat on the edge of the bed shaking her leg in anticipation. Will he like her?
What if he changes his mind seeing that she wore a saree? What if he realise that she's not that pretty? And all the what ifs continued till her mother came in.

"Haye meri bachi kya lag rahi hai" her mother exclaimed. Anya blushed "mujhe pata hai" she flicked her hair to one side. Her mother rolled her eyes "acha abh itna bhi mat ithrao pata chale ki Aman ko dusri ladki pasand hai toh?" Her mother teased her "ammaaa aisa nahi bole" she whined.

"Voh log agaye kya?" Anya asked ,her mother nodded "isliye toh mai aayi hu tujhe lene chalo abh. Aur sun zara sharmao neeche nahi toh aisa lagega ki tum bhi shaadi ke liye tadap rahi ho Aman ke jaisa" Anya flushed was he that desperate?

She walked down the stairs with her mother and slowly into the hall where everyone was seated. Her head down "ye lijiye agayi meri pari" her father announced "uncle vo abh aapki pari nahi hai" Aman's younger brother Aly said. "Vo toh sahi baat hai beta" and everyone laughed as if it was the funniest joke they have ever heard. Anya wished the ground would open up and swallow her. She wanted to see who all came but because her mother had a tight grip on her waist she knew she couldn't.

Even if she move her head by a centimetre her mother would slap it down for her.

Anya was seated on the couch beside her mother-in-law who couldn't stop staring her Anya. "Abh itna bhi mat sharmao Anya Humein pata hai tumhari asliyat" what was wrong with her mother in law? That's not how she should behave .Anya mentally scolded her she slowly raised her head and looked around the room to see who came besides her mother in law, on the far left beside her father Aman's father sat and to her right sat her mother with Aman's brother seated in front of her on the armchair. Voh nahi aye she thought sadly.

"Fikr na kare babhi bhai atehi hunge vo work mai busy the isliye humare saath nahi ayein" Aly teased her. She was sure that she represented a tomato by now. Sweets and snacks were placed and everyone joined in eating and talking. It was as if they had come for a get together and no to see a potential bride. Her hand slowly etched to her the biscuit but one glare from her mother Anya retracted her hand.

Suddenly the door bell rang and her heart lunged out, oh shit he was here!! What to do?? She couldn't contain her nerves. Her mother opened the door and came in like a grand entrance Aman Kapoor he was looking godly. She quickly put her head down and gripped her saree in a fist. Aman greeted everyone and sat down beside her his leg grazing hers and oh god it's was like a thunder bolted right into her body and she was paralysed. She took a glance at him and swooned over his unearthly looks. How can someone be so hot ?!!!

Aman couldn't restrain his feelings the moment he entered the hall and saw the angel sitting he knew he was done for good

Aman couldn't restrain his feelings the moment he entered the hall and saw the angel sitting he knew he was done for good. The hell!! How could one look so sexy and innocent at the same time. He sat down beside her and when her leg touched him he wanted to dissolve right then and there. His heart was screaming at him to take her and cage her so that no other man could have a glance at her.

"Chaliye hum bacho baath karne ke liye chordh dete hain" his mother said. "Ji han waise bhi mujhe aapse shaadi ki date fix karani thi" Anya's mother said. His brother winked at him and he smirked back.
Now that the both of them were alone no one would disturb them. Aman slowly got up and walked towards the door. Is he going? Anya thought but Aman closed the door and locked it. He gave none shit what his family or his in-laws thought not that they would mind.

He turned around and took off his blazer
Resting it on his hand. He strode towards Anya and sat down beside her, too close.

Anya was shaking she kept chanting 'I'm dead I'm dead' in her mind

Anya was shaking she kept chanting 'I'm dead I'm dead' in her mind. Aman slowly took her hand in his and intertwined their hands. "Bohat khobsurat dikh rahi hain aap" Anya blushed she hid her flushed face behind the curtain of her hair. "Shukriya" she mumbled.
Her heart beating loudly. "Abh meri taraf toh dekhe itna bhi kya sharmana shaadi ke baad ek mauka nahi dunga aapko sharmane ka" he whispered in her ear.

Her eyes widened she looked at him "k-kya matl-lab?" He raised one eyebrow and chuckled "Abhi bata dein?" He held her cheek. Anya shook her head realising what he was talking about.

"Waise main ne aapse red saree pehen ne ko bola tha ye kya hua abhi se pati ke baat nahi manrahi ho aap?" He taunted her his hand slowly making way towards her waist. "Nahi vo main ne amma ko kaha tha lekin unho ne mujhe white waali dedi. Maine une itna kaha ki mujhe red waali pehen na hai lekin unho- her rambling was cut off when Aman pulled her towards him. He settled her on his lap and kept a firm grip on her waist. Anya's breath caught up in her throat "ye-ye kya kar-raho" she tried to get up but Aman had a strong grip as he was made of rock.

He pulled her more into him and she kept her hands on his chest to balance herself. They both stared at each other getting lost in the universe of their own. A blush rose on her face and she quickly look down playing with his tie.
"Aap ki taraf se haan hai?" She timidly asked Aman chuckled "jaan isme haan ki kya baath hai jab maine aapko pheli waqt dekha tha jabse mujhe pata tha ki aap meri ho. Bas mai aapka intezaar kar raha thi ki kab aapko mujhe mohabat hoyegi aur kab mai aapko apna banalunga"

Shocked her jaw dropped "k-k-kya a-ap" she couldn't form a sentence Aman leaned in "voh sab meri tricks thi aapko apne jaal mai phasane ke liye. Vo galti se aapse bump hona, galti se apne kurte ko aapke dupatte mai atkana-"aur galti se darwaza bandh nai karna"came a voice from behind, startled Anya quickly got up from Aman's lap. Aly stood there leaning in the door with an amused face "kya bhai aisa kaisa darwaza bandh nahi kiya apne?" He asked smiling Aman knew that he had locked the door and this bafoon opened it with the key.

"Acha chale bhai humare jane ka time achuka hai" pretending to wipe a tear Aly said and walked off. Aman stood up and leaned towards Anya "engagement ke din milte hai meri jaan" pecked her cheek and walked off smugly.

Anya stood there shocked her hand on her cheek which was tingling from his action.
Kaha phas gayi main.

—————————————————————
Okay so I have a few days off before my economics exams and I was not in the mood to study so I thought to surprise you all.

Have a good day.❤️