❄️

Mahdi groaned hearing the continuous ring of his phone, he put a pillow on his ear trying to block the sound. Beside him Uyen also groaned "Mahdi aapka phone"she groggily said and turned around. Mahdi opened his eyes and let out an irritated sign "sukoon toh naam ko nahi hai meri zindagi mai" he shoved the pillow aside and sat up not before kissing Uyen's crown.

He picked up his phone from the side table and looked at the caller "aapi" he frowned and quickly accepted the call. "Aap-"

"MAHDI YE AADMI YAHA KYA KAR RAHA HAI!" Came Naiyah's shrill voice.
Mahdi frowned but his face changed when he realised it was Dawood bhai. "Aapi woh bhai aapko lene aye hai" he said confused by his sister's reaction.

"Mahdi Abhi aao aur ise yaha se nikalo"   Naiyah demanded. Dawood's voice could be heard in the background telling something to her.

Mahdi scrunched up his face "acha aapi tension na le hum Abhi aate hai" he tried to assure her and hung up. He put a hand on his face thinking what drama his api would start now.

Uyen turned around annoyed by the constant chatter "kaun tha?"  She put her hand around his thigh and nuzzled the side of his thigh, hugging his leg. Mahdi smiled at her and ran his hand through her hair "aapi thi Dawood bhai aye hai unhe lene" Uyen snapped her head at him "sahi mai?" She smiled. When Mahdi nodded she sprung up from the bed "chale Mahdi chale itni khushi ki baat kahi hai meri jaan" she pecked him and beamed at him.

Mahdi blinked at her heart in confusion "agr Dawood bhai ka aana ek khushi ki baat hai toh fir une roz dawat dunga mai" he said in daze. Uyen brushed his words off and took his hand pulling him up. "Chaliye jaldi tyaar hojaye" she pushed him into the bathroom. 

When Mahdi stepped out of the washroom he found Uyen already showered and sitting on the bed,smiling to herself. "Bhai aisi kitni khushi ho rahi hai aapko ke jage pe seeda baithe nahi jara hai" he ruffled his damp hair and walked towards her. Uyen jumped from the bed hearing his voice "aap agaye chaliye jaldi" she took a shawl and wrapped it around her and held mahdi's hand.

"Ek minute phone toh lene de" he picked up his phone and frowned seeing so many missed calls from Naiyah. "Leliya? Abh chale" she dragged him out of the room.

"Lekin unhone aisa kyu cheekha aape?"Uyen asked once they were seated in the car. Mahdi shrugged "bohat gusse mai thi" he took a turn to their street. "Aap please ek promise kare" Uyen looked at him when Mahdi pulled up the car in their driveway. "Ji boliye"he turned his body so that he was facing her. Uyen felt nervous she bit her lip, see her troubled form Mahdi held her hand and urged her to say "woh aaj kuch bhi hojaye aap aapi ko unke ghar bhejde...kuch bhi. Agr woh aapko emotional kare toh bhi aap nahi maninge please warna aap bagair bewi ke rehna seek jaye" Mahdi looked at her horrified.

He tightened his hold on her hands and leaned forward "jaan aapko pata hai aapke begair mera jeena na mumkin hai. Aur aaj Dawood bhai aapi ko lekar hi jainge" he kissed her nose and got out. Uyen took a deep breath and got down the car, getting ready for the drama to unfold.

As soon as Mahdi opened the front door he was met the wreckage of his living room, taking a deep breath he calmed down subah subah tamasha shuru. He looked at Uyen who was glaring at him. He grimaced at her and quickly stepped in before she could smack him knowing that after all this is over a earful of lecture was waiting for him.

Mahdi speed walked towards the two figures currently engaged in a fight in the middle of Uyen's precious living room "assalamualaikum" as soon as he uttered the Salam Naiyah snapped her head in his direction "Mahdi!" She rushes towards him "ye ise tum ne bulaya hai?" She said pointing at Dawood. Mahdi nodded "ji aapi bhai aapko lejane aye hai"

Vaaste (short stories)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें