H.M🔒

"Arey kahan hai ye?" Maria looked at her watch frowning. She had been waiting for that damn boy near the carnival entrance for the past one hour and he was nowhere to be seen.

She checked her phone and saw no message from him, deciding to call him she dialled his number and put the phone near her ear. The phone ringed for three times and then the call was disconnected.

Did he just cut my call?

Disbelieved she turned around ready to march towards the ticket counter and go alone but two hands covered her eyes.

Her heart thumped "guess who?" He whispered in her ear. "Umm hamza?" She guessed.

She was abruptly turned around "kaun hamza?" He asked quirking an eyebrow.

Maria squirmed under his scrutinising gaze "tumse kya he's good"she mumbled and turned around to leave.

Mubashir fell into step beside her "ye vohi haina jo tumhe 8th grade pe peecha karta tha?" He asked.

"Haan toh? cute toh tha"

His eyes widened "CUTE THA!" He shouted in disbelief. He walked in front of her and turned around now walking backwards.

She smiled "haan but height thodi choti thi but that's okay" they reached the ticket counter.

"Excuse me mai 5'11 hu usse kahi zyada lamba okay aur kisi aur ki sounch na bhi nahi tum"he warned while purchasing two tickets.

"Kyu tum mujhe pasand karte ho kya?"she asked turning slightly towards him. Her eyes shined with mirth.

Flustered "n-nahi toh bas tumhari bhalayi ke liye keh raha hu" he avoided her gaze and rushed inside.

::::::::::::::

"Mubashir! Mubashir!" Maria cheered from the side where mubashir was playing the dart game.

He picked up the dart and aimed it towards the smallest balloon but missed it by an inch. "Shit!"he groaned.

He picked up another and lifted it in front of Maria's face "give me luck my lady"he bowed.

Maria giggled and kissed the dart.

Mubashir grinned and threw the dart. It hit right in the middle "YESSSS!!" Maria cheered and hugged him.

The shopkeeper gave them the prize which was a cute unicorn.

Maria stood in front of Mubashir with a small smile, she brought her hand up "diyo" she said. Mubashir looked at her in confusion "kya?"

She pointed at the unicorn Mubashir understood her intention and quickly hugged the unicorn "ye Maine jeeta hai agar tumhe chahiye toh khud jeet lo"

Maria looked up at him with unshed tears "tum mujhe nahi doge?" She asked.
Mubashir faltered but he held his stance "nahi ye Maine jeeta hai" he said firmly.

Maria pouted "lek-kin ye mujhe bo-ohat pasand aya" she stuttered pointing at the unicorn in his arms. Mubashir bit his cheek it's not like I want it any way. Seeing her teary eyes and pink cheeks his heart pounded. He felt a big smile making its way on his face seeing her adorable self fumbling under his crisp gaze.

"Ye lo" he handed her the unicorn. Maria grinned all the tears forgotten she lunged at him, embracing him. "Thank you thank you mubii" she squealed.