❄️

"Jaana" Mahdi whispered near her ear making her flinch at the sudden voice. Uyen turned around "aap itni jaldi agaye?" She looked at the clock, it was way too early for him to come home. Mahdi sighed and plopped down next to her in the sofa. "Boss hu kisi se puchne ki kya zaroorat aur aaj aapki bohat yaad arahi thi" he rested his head on her shoulder looking at her phone, he quirked an eyebrow "ye kya hai?" He asked.

Uyen bit her lip and blushed still not used to the intensity of his gaze "cute hai na?" She smiled at him. Mahdi nodded, he brought his hands to her face and tucked a few stands behind her ear "kis liye hai?" Uyen looked down suddenly feeling shy yet nervous. She fiddled with her fingers "woh...."she leaned down to whisper into his ear "aap firse baba bane wale hai". She gauged for his reaction.

Mahdi sat still, processing her words reality downed upon him. His eyes widened and he covered his mouth "kya!" He whispered. Uyen giggled but nodded. Mahdi suddenly shrieked and got up jumping up and down, pumping his fist "yes! Yes!" He grinned down at Uyen and took her into his arms spinning them. He put her down and cupped her face "I love you" he leaned down and kissed her passionately pouring all his emotions into it.

Uyen fisted his shirt, feet curling due to the intense emotions, shivers running down her spine. Mahdi pulled back and gazed at her lovingly "aaj aap ne mujhe aur khush kardiya hai" his eyes shine with love and unshed tears. Uyen gazed back at him with the same intensity.

_____________________________

Uyen waddled in the kitchen to eat something. She was dying to eat some pickle but she couldn't find it. Her 7 month old stomach prevented her from reaching the cabinets. She looked through the fridge but couldn't find anything to eat except for the rolls Naiyah had made and packed for her. Tears welled up in her eyes, she unconsciously caressed her stomach. Her mind full of jumbled thoughts. One tear escaped her doe eyes and others soon followed now she was sobbing because she could reach the cabinets and eat her pickles.

Mikael entered the kitchen looking for his mother "mama" he clutched her leg "aap role?" He lisped. Uyen nodded and wiped her tears still hiccuping "mama" mikael whimpered and recalled what his father instructed him to do. Mahdi had given him the responsibility to take care of his mother when he was not present. Mikael bravely took upon his three year old self to look after his mother. He ran to the living as fast as his chubby legs could and climbed up the sofa to reach for the phone. He ringed the number saved on the phone clearly remembering his father showing him how to call. He put the large phone next to his ear and waited patiently for Mahdi to pick up.

"Assalamualaikum" Mahdi husky voice sounded through the phone. Mahdi perked up "balaikusum" mikael tried his best to reply, Mahdi chuckled hearing his son's lisp and internally awed at him. "Ji jaan kya hua hai?" He asked slightly worried that mikael had called him. "Baba mama role" Mahdi tensed up and quickly told Mikael to stay with his mother until he comes back.

Mahdi rushed to home and entered the house "Uyen! Mikael!" He shouted and waited for a few seconds before he heard soft sniffs from the kitchen he hurriedly walked to the kitchen and found Uyen crying and a worried mikael by her legs. He rushed to her and hugged her "kya hua jaan?" He caressed her hair Uyen nuzzled his chest "mujahsdh" her voice was muffled.

Mahdi pulled back "kya hua?" Uyen looked at him "woh m-mujhe pickles chahiye aur woh cabinet mai hai aur mai abh moti hoagayi huuu" she started sobbing and placed her head on his chest. Mikael left the kitchen to go play with Esa seeing that his father was here, he felt safe.

"Jaan aap moti? Nahi nahi aap konse bhi angle se moti nahi huye meri jaan. Aap toh into khubsurat ho" he squeezed her into his chest and kissed her crown. "Promise" Uyen softly asked, Mahdi chuckled and rested his chin on her head and nodded "promise jaana promise"

____________________________

The loud crying of their 3 month old woke Mahdi up. He squinted his eyes and got down the bed making sure to be quiet so that Uyen doesn't get up. He walked towards the crib and looked down a small smile making his way on his face. He extended his muscular arms and picked up the baby "shuu jaan" he cradled her in his arms. Omayra quieted down seemingly finding comfort in her father's arms.

Mahdi cooed at her and nuzzled her small nose kissing it. Omayra giggled and tried to grab his face, Mahdi chuckled and sat down on the bed slowly and gently placing omayra between them. He patted her head till she fell asleep and kissed her head. Her peaceful snoring lulling him to sleep.

____________________________

"Baba Esa bhaiya ne maara" a five year old omayra came crying to Mahdi who was working on his laptop. He quickly kept the laptops aside and took her into his arms "Esa bhaiya ne maara?hmm kya kare hum abh" he pretended to think.
Omayra smiled at him and leaned forward  pretending to whisper but she was loud enough for Uyen to listen who was watching TV. "No ice cleam" she whispered as if she told a top secret. Mahdi covered his mouth "no ice cleam!" He widened his eyes.

Omayra nodded "ji" Uyen laughed and shook her head at her daughter's antics.

Esa and mikael ran into the room and climbed up next to Mahdi. "Baba omay jhoot bol rahi hai" mikael said. Omayra glared at him and pouted "baba" she started crying. Esa poked his tongue out to tease her making her cry even more. Mahdi playfully glared at them making them shut up. "Mama" both the boys ran towards Uyen and complained to her.

Uyen shook her head "omay aap apne bhaiyo ko satana bandh kare" she scolded her making omayra pout. Mikael and Esa giggled by her side. Omayra laid against Mahdi's chest and ignored them playing with his fingers. Mahdi smiled at her and looked adoringly at mikael and Esa sitting beside Uyen chatting with her.

He thanked god for Uyen and his three small bundles of happiness.

____________________________

The end.