❣️

The birds chirped relishing the cool breeze on the bright sunny day. Bright white lilies decorated the small yet spacious garden symbolising the purity of the bride and commitment which the two pairs will be taking today. 

Although the groom's family insisted on keeping the occasion huge but Rasa refused, she wanted it to be simple yet elegant. So they settled on celebrating the marriage in the groom's house. On one condition that the reception would be done lavishly when her mother in law returns from her work. The other bride also didn't have any problem with it.

Rasa was notified that her soon to be brother in law was also going to get married on the same, two marriages on the same day.

She still didn't see her husband's face and didn't even want to at this point. She just wanted to get over with this marriage as soon as possible.

She adjusted her heavy gown that she didn't want to wear but her mother in law's persistence and her mother's glare forced her to wear it.

She traced the red henna design on her left hand and deeply sighed, on the verge of crying she didn't want this

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

She traced the red henna design on her left hand and deeply sighed, on the verge of crying she didn't want this. A hand on her cheek broke her out of her reverie, she looked up with glossy eyes to see her mother smiling down at her with a proud look. "Aapko pata hai aapne mujhe aur aapke abbu ko aaj kitna khush kardiya hai" she lovingly caressed her hair. Rasa was suddenly flooded with various emotions the fact she will be leaving her parents today, sleeping with a complete stranger whose face she didn't even know, settling in a house full of unknown people. Her heart thumped against her chest, feeling lightheaded.

"Ro nahi" her mother squatted down in front of her and held rasa's face. "Bohat ache log hai aur Maine ladke se bhi baat ki hai bohat khoobseerat ka hai, aapke jaisa khamush nahi" she teased her. Rasa shook her head "par mama mujhe nahi karni, mai abhi tyaar nahi hu itni badi responsibility lene ki"

Her mother frowned "Chup karo rasa itni badi hogayi ho. Bar bar ye tyaar nahi hu ka bahana na bolo abh tum dusre ghar jaa rahi ho. Itna acha ladka mila hai khush raho aur waha par do teen shabd bol liya karo. Mujhe koi shikayat nahi ani chahiye wahase"

Rasa knew her mother would not leave a moment to lecture her. How could she side with her when she didn't even understand her daughter's feelings. She knew she had a right to decline this marriage but her father's stubbornness was on a whole another level which she couldn't pass. And then there was her mother's taunts that would burn her. That's why rather than facing her parents wrath she would marry a complete stranger.

"Ji mama" she held her head down and surrendered there was no place for any argument. Her mother patted her cheek and stood up "chalo abh ladke ne sign kardiya hai abh tumhari baari" rasa clenched her eyes and opened them calming her nerves. She stood up with the help of her mother and her cousin sisters.

Vaaste (short stories)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें