Chapter 5

I waited for 12 pm to arrive anxiously.

I couldn't wait for Taishiro to get here, where will we be going?

Oh, I can't wait!

Suddenly, I heard the quiet sound of the door bell ringing.
I raced down to open the door when I saw that my mom had beat me to it.
I tried to slow down and stop before I got to the door but I lost my footing and started to crash to the floor.

But instead of hitting the ground, I was in the arms of Fatgum.

"Wow, it looks like I'm really falling for you aren't I?"
I heard something that sounded like a snort and a chuckle leave his throat while he held me in his arms.

"Well, no matter how many times you fall, I'll always be here to catch you!" He responded with a light blush.

"Stop flirting in my house and go on your date already, just remember that I want her home by 6." My mom said with a small smile.

"Mom. I'm 19, you can't order me to be home at any time, because I'm a free woman!" I joked, pumping a fist into the air.

"Fine, but can you tell me how it goes?" She asked hopefully.

"Of course!" I say with a smile.

"Hey lover boy, if you're gonna date my baby I'm going to need your name." My mom says jokingly.

"My name's Taishiro Toyomitsu, It's nice to meet you mother of Y/n. I'll try to have her home at a reasonable time." Taishiro said with a nervous smile.

"Thank you, now have fun! But not too much fun. Now go!" Mom ordered as she pushed us out of the house.

As the door slammed shut, we both began to laugh.

"Wow! It looks like she trusts you! She's never fully trusted any of my friends like that." I say through giggles.

"What can I say? Fat heroes such as myself are trustworthy."

"It could also be that you are adorable and that you look huggable." I suggest, unable to hold back a smile.

"Well then, let's see if that's true!" He smiled as he wrapped his arms around me.

When his arms wrapped around me, I felt as if I was hugging a warm marshmallow.
My smile grew larger as I hugged him even tighter.

"Taishi, you are the best thing to hug.. like every! You are so squishy and warm!" I loudly said as we hugged.

"Aww, thanks! You are a great hugger so we compliment each other." He cheerfully responded.

Letting him go, I looked up to meet his eyes.
"So where are we going for this date?"

He softly smiled as he made a shushing motion with one of his hand.
I felt my cheeks tint red as I realized how strong he must be, not many people can carry a woman my size with a single arm.

"I'm taking you to one of my favorite places to eat, but I'm not going to tell you the name of the place until we get there!" He happily said.

I smiled and nodded.
Surprises are fun.

"Oh and cover your eyes! I want to make this as much as a surprise as possible!" Fatgum said while he started walking.

"Haha, fine fine!" I laughed as I covered my eyes.

Time Skip

Toyomitsu carried me for a short while.
I expected to get uncomfortable with him carrying me but I wasn't
He held me gentle and tenderly, I couldn't help snugging into him.

When I did that he stiffened up and slowed his walking speed.
Realizing what I had done, I tensed up and started blushing.

I uncovered my eyes for a second or two and I saw that he was smiling and blushing at the same time.

"S-sorry! You are just so warm and pudgy! I couldn't stop myself!" I yelled out in embarrassment.

I saw him cover his face with one hand as he continued to walk at the speed of before.
Then all of a sudden I heard him whisper.
"..So cute..."

I closed my eyes and shifted my body slightly, before I realized that we had stopped.

I only realized we were still when he nudged me and coughed.

"We're here, would you like me to set you down?" Taishi asked while I looked around.

I jumped from his arms with little effort and almost fell, but I caught myself.

"The Sarku? I've never been here before, but I've always wanted to check it out!" I say cheerfully.

"I love the food here, come on! I always come here around this time so my table is open for us." He said leading me through the restaurant with a closed eye smile.

I couldn't stop a chuckle from leaving my throat, he just instantly make me giddy!

He set us down at a table in the corner and within 30 seconds of us sitting down we already had someone at our table.

"I see you have a friend eating with you today. So is this a date or business?" The man asked while he set out menus.

"It's a date." He said, glancing over at me.

"You got a beautiful one, would you like me to bring out some wine to make this date extra romantic?" The man asked while pulling 2 wine glasses out of nowhere.

"I don't think that's a good idea for me. Even with all this fat, I still get drunk after a forth of a cup of alcohol..." Taishiro said with a embarrassed expression.

"What about you ma'am?"

I smiled and shook my head,
"No thank you, I can't have any."

"Then what would you like to drink instead?" The waiter man asked patiently.

"I'll get what I always get." Tai said while he smiled.

"Just F/d, if you have it." I said after him.

The waiter didn't say anything but he did nod to tell us he heard.

When he stopped writing down our drink orders, he gave a barely noticeable wink to Fatgum.

Looking back to Gum I noticed that he was blushing as red as cherry.

Oh this is going to be fun.