Chapter 23

"I will stay and talk for an hour, but no longer." I say my rules.

"Aww come on Y/n! Why not a little longer, you both have a few similar interests. Why don't you spend a little bit more time figuring them out." Mirio suggested cheerfully.

I looked back to his boss who just looked as if he disapproved of everything, his glare accentuated these features.

"Look no offense to you or him Miri, but I think he only said he wanted me to stay to be polite." I said my thoughts as honest but nice as I could.

"That's just how he looks. He is actually nice once you talk with him for a while, now I'm going to leave you both in here to talk for an hour." Mirio said before he phased though the floor.

"Sorry about him.. he's always trying to get his friends to date people..." I say while I awkwardly rubbed the back of my head,
"I'm Y/n L/n, it is nice to meet you.. heh.."

God damn it Mirio! You know that I don't like being alone with new people!

"I'm Mirai Sasaki, it is nice to meet you L/n." He says formally with an almost nonexistent smile.

"Oh please just call me Y/n. I prefer my first name over my last."

"My apologies Y/n." He spoke before he drank out of an All Might mug.

A slight chuckle left me as I watched.

"I see you like All Might. He's strong and he seems like a nice guy, but I've never met him so I can't say he's actually like that." I casually say, watching as he slowly lowered the mug with a glare.

"He was a friend of mine and I still deeply respect him. I had a falling out with him sadly." He said coldly.

I could tell that he was friends with the number one hero but I decided not to press him for details. He looked as if he regretted loosing contact with him.

"I'm sorry.."

"It's fine Y/n. It was my fault it happened anyways."
I saw his harsh glare soften very slightly as he said this.

"I just started wondering something Nighteye. Why did you take Mirio as your sidekick or helper or what ever he is to you?" I ask with a small smile.

"I thought Lemillion would make an excellent hero. I took him as my side kick because I believe that without cheerful hero's like him, there wouldn't be a bright future for the world."

I nodded my head in understanding.

"The world can be a dark place when there's no fun or joy. Mirio is a good person for lighting up a gloomy or dark place, his goofy and bright personality is something everybody needs more of. Even if he does get annoying sometimes." I say with a joking smile.

His almost nonexistent smile slightly grew when I finished.

"He is good humored, even if he doesn't happen to have the exact same humor as mine. Out of all my sidekicks he is the most sunny one.."

Looking up at the clock on the wall I see that I spent nearly 10 minutes longer than an an hour here, but I guess it wasn't so bad.

"I got to get going, but if you ever want to talk.. ask Mirio for my number!" I say running to the door.

"Oh! Before I leave, a few ice puns for your soul.
It was ice to meet you, you seemed like a cool person, there's snow way I would have skipped coming here. But you should cheer up a bit, it feels like you're giving me the cold shoulder with that icy glare of your's. I need to ice-o-late myself from all these bad puns, but before that you, me, and Fatgum should chill, it would be a good way to break the ice. " I say with a bow before I left the room.

I took the elevator to the 1st floor, then I left the building.
Happily walking back to Fatgum's house because I just made a new friend.

There was a smile on my face for the whole trip back to Gum's house.

I skipped up to the front door and I entered.

He was sitting on the couch holding a pillow in his lap and watching a cooking show.
He was fixated at the intensive cooking.
There was 5 minutes on the clock and someone was just now starting their Cream Brulé!

Pulled into the episode I took the pillow from his hands and I sat between his legs.

"That man has definitely just lost. He didn't completely finish the food." I say as Taishiro wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm not so sure bout' that... her swan cupcake looks like trash. Who cares if she finished it, if it doesn't look good then it's not good." He stated as the judges began judging.

After a moment of heart wrenching judging, my guess that the woman would win was correct.

"Damn it.. I thought for sure he would win that or neither.." he joked with a disappointed frown.

Lightly smiling, I gave a peck of a kiss on his lips.

"In baking shows the winner is normally the fully cooked food, this is just a theory of mine. We can test this theory next episode." I say, fully knowing that it's true.

From between his arms I felt the grumble of his stomach and right then I realized I was hungry.