Chapter 10

Leaving Fatgum's house, I pulled out my phone to check if I had gotten any messages, but there wasn't any today.
My phone also was nearly completely dead, it was only at 21 percent.

Sighing in annoyance, I shove my phone into my pocket and I start my walk home.

Time Skip

I made it home earlier than I expected to arrive, but my mom was still here so it doesn't matter.
I walked up to my front door and I turned the handle, it opened easily.

When I was a few steps in my house I heard the pattern of feet on the floor.
With that sound, I knew my mom was worried about me.

"Y/n! Why didn't you come home last night!? Was you're date successful? Are you still a virgin?!" My mom asked as she hugged me.

"Mom don't worry.. we were a little late when I was supposed to be dropped off, and I haven't lost my innocence. Also why weren't you here yesterday night? I couldn't get in.."

My mom breathed out in relief before she said anthropology else.
"Me and your father were asked to stay late. We had to work until midnight."

"That sucks. Also me and Taishiro are having another date today, though I will be home before dinner." I say, kissing my mothers cheek before I rush up the stairs.

"Aww my baby is all grown up!" My mom sighed in content from downstairs.

Laughing to myself, I close my door to get ready for my hero work.

I pulled on my suit, grabbed my keys, and told Shouta where I would patrol at after I plugged in my phone.

With my window opened I jump onto the neighboring building.
When I landed I was lightly scraped up from my landing and my roll.

But a small, barely bleeding scratch on my knuckle is nothing.
I look to the next closest build and mentally prepared myself to run and jump to it, despite me doing this every few days I still get scared that I'll miss the building.
It's never happened before.
But it could..

I walk to the middle of the building then I break into a run.
I jumped when I was at the edge, then safely made it to the next building.
Using this momentum, I ran and jumped from building to building until I was in a good place to patrol.
In a area with a bunch of dark and foreboding alleyways.

No mentally sane person would go down a dark alley, yet some women, children, and men do. Why would someone willingly go down such a dark path?
I wouldn't even! And I'm a fricken Professional Hero!

Shortly after I mentally think that, a woman walks into one of the alleys.

But of course people go into dangerous places. What's gonna happen if I do?
These people think.
If a villain attacks me then a hero will save me!

I couldn't stop myself from facepalming at the stupidity of some people.
"Wait a second..! I just met that ignoramus!" I quietly called out on sight of Rosea.

And behind her, just as I expected there to be, was an animalistic looking man.

He was slowly following her but she didn't notice him, focusing in on her I see that she is wearing earphones.

What kind of stupid moron walks through an alley not watching her surroundings?!?

Dumbfounded and annoyed, I jump to the ground.

Suddenly, I saw a cloud of dust flow to his arms as he approached her.

The dust swirled around his arms until 2 long rock like blades formed.

My eyes widened as I realized he wasn't trying to mug her.

The man got his blades on both sides of Rosea's head, but before he decapitated her I ran and knocked her away from him.

"Run! I'll take him down, but you need to run!" I yelled to the terrified teenager.

Her eyes were wide as she nodded repeatedly.

As she ran, I turned my attention back to the villain.

"You bitch.. taking away my easy kill..." The bladed villain growled out as he got closer to me.

He slid both of his blades along the wall until he was but 5 feet away from me.

"Looks like I'm just going to have to settle with murdering you.." He grinned with pure excitement.