Chapter 13

"Here's your food, and I'm sorry about Catrina... she's a bitch to men and she believes women are more important than men. I personally believe that we are all equal, so on her behalf and on the restaurant's behalf we are sorry for her rudeness." An older woman said as she placed our food on our table.

"It's ok ma'am, I shouldn't have blown up on her either... I just hate when people are prejudged for something they did or didn't do." I apologize before the woman left.

"As manager I personally apologize for whatever she said. As compensation for her, I would like you to have anything on the menu on the house." The woman said happily despite her annoyance to her young worker.

Just as Fatgum was about to decline I piped up with a suggestion.

"We would like to get a large Strawberry Shake, if you don't mind that is." I say just as happy.

Nodding, the lady left to get our shake while we started to eat our lunch.

"Ya know.. you didn't have to get that shake. A few mean words never hurt me." Gum said on his last batch of fries.

"Well I don't want anyone to disrespect my Gummy boyfriend. Also I wasted most of my body's sugar on a villain earlier, so getting the shake is a win-win." I eat my lunch while saying.

"You had to fight a villain!? Are you ok? Did they hurt you?!" Taishiro worriedly asked.

"Don't worry, he wasn't much of a problem so I'm fine. I put him behind bars so you don't need to worry about him either." I softly lie to calm him down.

"Then why would you need to use so much of your body's sugar to take him down?" Toyomitsu skeptically asked.

Oh no... he knows I lied.
And he knew so fast as well..

"Fine. The villain was stronger than I normally would fight, but I beat him without being hurt by using my quirk more than I normally do." I say seriously, but still slightly lying.

He stopped looking so skeptical as I "explained" what had happened.
Then our shake was set down on the table.

Taishiro's eyes lit up when it was set down, and his lips curled into a large grin.

I couldn't suppress the laugh that escaped my mouth from looking at his delightful expression.

Still laughing, I put 2 straws into the shake and offered one to him.

Taishi started drinking first but when I started drinking he started blushing.

Noticing how flustered he was I got a little closer, acting as if I was trying to drink better but really I was just trying to get close enough to make him turn as red as Kirishima's hair.

That's right, because I visit Aizawa in his class sometimes I know his homeroom class.

My plan worked, as he let go of his straw while coughing a bit.

"Fatgum are you okay?!" I worriedly ask as I jump out of my seat to help him.

I was trying to embarrass him, not kill him!

While still coughing, he held up a hand.
As his coughing ceased, he started drinking the shake again.

"Wow, after choking from the shake you go back to drinking the shake. Is it that good to you?" I joke as I sit back down.

"Not even death will keep me away from what I love sweets." He drank as he spoke.

"So do you want to walk in the park?" I ask, stretching.

"Good idea! The park should be really warm round this time, so it'll be perfect." Toyo agreed whilst standing up.

I picked up the shake that we had just gotten and I realized there was only a single gulp left.
So being the person that I am, I threw it back and finished it off.

While I did this, Fatgum was repainting away our trash.

All that was left from our lunch was a box of chicken nuggets.

We both left the place happy and mostly full.
The park that we went to was only a few steps away from the fast food place, so we made it to the park immediately.

Here the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and the children are in school!
So the swings, benches, and track were kid free.
Except for the kids too young for school.

While walking, I decided to strike up a conversation.
"Soo why did you want to be a hero? I know when you were in school being a hero was popular career choice, but why did you choose to be one?" I ask while we strolled.

"I used ta be made fun of cause I was fat, so I chose ta be a hero to prove ta others that there can be fat heroes. I wanted to be a hero who could save people." Taishiro said honestly.

"We have pretty similar backstories and motives for becoming heroes." I say with a small smile,
"I was also bullied because of my weight, because girls can't be fat and be heroes. "Fat girls can only be cops or fast food workers," they said. I proved those jerks wrong, I became a hero out of spite." I say, not hiding how I feel about those fuckers.

Then I was being crushed, 2 arms had complete engulfed me in a hug.

When I was settling into the hug I heard soft sniffling.

"Are.. you okay Gummy?" I ask softly.

"You've been through so much.. Ya don't deserve everythin' that has happen' to ya!" He cried out as he pulled me farther into his chest.

He scooped me off the ground and he hugged me even harder than before, I noticed he was still crying as a few tears landed and streamed down my chest.

Breaking free from his snuggling, to his disappointment, I looked up at his tear stained cheeks.
And I wiped away his still streaming tears.

"Do you want to get some ice cream?" He asks with a tiny smile.

Nodding, I smile back.
When he sets me back on the ground I chuckle.

"You know... you are the most sensitive man I have ever met. Only you will cry when I talk about my reason for becoming a hero, even though it is the exact same as yours.." I contently smile as he started to hug me again.