Chapter Eight: Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida!

After that hug yesterday with Katsuki I felt nervous to see him today, he wanted to walk to school together. We usually always do but now its making me nervous for some reason. Wanting to keep my training up I asked Dad to help me with my combat skills

"Right" Dad sleepily says while I instantly punch the bag with my right arm.

"Left behind kick" I do as he say and kick it making it sway aggressively.

"You've been improving!" he says walking up to me with my water bottle.

"Thanks Dad! Although I feel like I have mastered air, water and earth, fire is still tuff to control" I admit to him looking down.

"Hey! Don't be discouraged, when I was your age I couldn't do half the things you could do" he says supporting me.

"Well I'm only good now because you helped train me!" I tell him hugging him, our hug was interrupted by Dad's phone ringing. Sighing he grabs it and has a look of annoyance then hanging up.

"Media frenzy happening at the school right now, they want me there early" he says annoyed "Are you walking with Bakugo again?"

"Yeah I should be, I'll see you in class!" I say walking up to my room to shower and change.

~

Once I was ready I heard a ding from my phone.

From: Katsuki Bakuhoe

I'm out front.

To: Katsuki Bakuhoe

Be there in a sec

I ran down the stairs with my backpack and quickly grabbed a green apple off the table and headed out the door.

"Good Morning!" I tell him trying not to blush as the reminder of that intense hug last night.

"Morning dweb" He lazily replies making me roll my eyes, as we walked to school we talked about Manga and I ate my apple. We walked up to the school and saw a bunch of media press members who instantly shoved cameras in our faces.

"Hey Kid! Can you tell us what its like to have All Might as a teacher?"

"How is it working so close with All Might?"

"Are you one of his students?"

"Wait you two were part of the Sludge Villain attack, right!?"

The reporter bombed us with questions and were shoving cameras in our faces, looking to Katsuki he was annoyed.

"DAMN EXTRAS, GET OUT OF OUR WAY!" Katsuki yelled at them while dragging me through the crowd, once we were threw I smoothed out my uniform and laughed.

"Damn Katsuki, you looked like you scared a few of them" I tell him laughing, making him huff and continue walking to class.

~

"Decent work on yesterdays combat training, you guys. I saw the video feeds and went over and went over each of your teams results" Dad said while standing in front of the podium "Bakugo , you're talented. So don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever" Katsuki replied not really caring.

"And Midoriya, I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder and don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your Quirk" Dad scolded him making his head drop "That lines already getting old, you can't keep breaking your body while training here but your Quirk will be useful if you can get a handle on it".