Chapter Fifty Six: Deku vs Kacchan Part Two

Akari's POV

I held my arms close as I tried to keep myself warm, I walked closer and closer to Ground Beta ready to smite the boys for making me walk outside this late. Looking up at the stars I smiled at the beauty and tranquility of them.

The tranquility was interrupted by a loud explosion, I stopped in my place and tilted my head. Louder and more intense explosions then erupted off in the area of Ground Beta.

"Katsuki" I mumble while taking off at an incredible speed.

I manipulated the wind to push me faster towards the explosions, nerves started to set in as I got closer. Entering Ground Beta I quickly weaved past different buildings until down the road I saw the two boys who I knew best. Running up, Izuku isn't facing me but is standing while Katsuki laid on the ground propped up.

"Katsuki! Izuku!" I yelled out making them both look at me with wide eyes, slowing down from my run I went over to Katsuki but stopped when I saw his face.

His face was covered in dirt and sweat but I could see the grief and anger perfectly still.

"How the hell did you find us?" Katsuki grumbled at me still on the ground.

"Izuku texted me, what the hell are you two doing out here?" I asked looking at the two of them.

Neither of them replied as I stood in between the two, Izuku was panting but finally looked up seeing Katsuki on the ground.

"Hey, are you alright?" Izuku said passing by me to help him up but Katsuki slaps his hand away.

"DON'T YOU DARE WORRY ABOUT ME!" Katsuki yelled at him, I took a step back watching the scene unfold in front of me.

"Attack me!" Katsuki yelled at him while standing up.

"Why won't you fight back?" Katsuki asked weakly while falling back slightly but catches himself.

"Why did I have to end up chasing after someone who was always so far behind me? Why did a damn small fry like you get so strong and become the number one heroes sidekick? His favorite?" Katsuki yelled weakly while looking down.

My heart was breaking as I realized that Katsuki must've found out how Izuku got his Quirk, he seemed broken and I couldn't do anything to help.

"You got so much better and I destroyed All Might! I admired him so much" Katsuki said now looking up his crimson eyes stared at Izuku "But it's because of me that he ended up losing his power! It's because of me that Akari has PTSD and is afraid!"

My face pales as I hear that, he thinks it's his fault?

"If I had been stronger, if I hadn't been kidnapped by villains then it never would've happened, I would've been able to keep you safe" Katsuki says to me as his voice cracking while he wipes tears away.

"All Might knows it was my fault but hasn't said anything, everyone has to know though! I can't get it out of my head! It's like it's constantly playing on loop! SO WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!" Katsuki yells out.

Katsuki has been carrying this guilt around this whole time and I didn't even know it. God how could I have been so stupid to not realize what was in front of me the whole time. He blames himself for everything even more than I have. Obsessing over the fact that I was kidnapped and he couldn't save me.

I took slow steps towards Katsuki until I was right in front of him. His body was shaking in anger and fear, a small tear slipped from my eye as I touched his shoulder, he tenses slightly from the simple touch.

"That wasn't your fault Katsuki" I tell him trying to keep my own emotions in tact.

"It was my fault! You were hurt, beaten to a pulp because I was to weak to be a hero" He said weakly still looking down as tears slid off his face and onto the concrete.