Chapter Twenty One: Battle On, Challengers!

Once the match begun Sero shot his tape at Shoto trapping him in an instant and was sliding him towards out of bounds but Shoto took quick action. Shoto shot ice towards him, the ice climbed up and shot out the arena. Shocked everyone stared at the huge ice mountain.

"Sero has been immobilized! Todoroki advances to the second round" Midnight shouts to the crowd.

The crowd was shouting 'nice try' to Sero as Shoto melted the ice around him. Although anyone could see Shoto looked sad at his actions.

~

As the matches went on, I waited patiently for my match to begin. The next match was Iida and the support course girl named Mei Hatsume. Basically, Hatsume had used Iida to promote her own inventions but eventually let him win in the end. My match was next as I stood up to go down to the field. I walked past Katsuki, I could practically feel his eyes burning into me as I walked by not even looking at him.

Once down to the field I stepped into the arena. I was up against Mina, but I wasn't worried. Mina was stretching as Present Mic announced us.

"Now let's get started! Begin!!!"

Mina shot her acid at me but I shot up a slab of rock blocking it. I then smirked and used air to throw the slap at Mina knocking her out of bounds.

The crowd instantly began cheering at my quick victory

The crowd instantly began cheering at my quick victory. I walked over to Mina and helped her up.

"Sorry about that" I tell her.

"Don't worry about it! I kinda figured you'd beat me" she said with a laugh.

~

I was walking back to the student section when I saw Uraraka sitting alone in the waiting room.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked her while taking a seat next to her.

"Oh me? I should be asking you that" She tells me, I sigh and look down.

"I think I might've ruined any chance of Katsuki and I being together" I tell her with a sad voice.

"What?! You two were doing so well though" She says curious.

"Well he's just so..." I began to try to find the words but I couldn't.

"He's just so Bakugo" she said making me laugh a little.

"Yeah, he's been so off and on with being close to me, one second he's there and the next he's a different person. It's just making me so frustrated" I explain, she nods understanding.

"Are you worried about your match against him?" I ask trying to change the topic.

"Yeah, he's probably going to try and kill me" she says with a light laugh.

"Well if he does anything to terrible then I'll punch him in the face for you" making her let out a loud laugh, we stopped laughing when we heard the door open.

"Hey Iida! You did great out there!" Uraraka told Iida as he walked into the room.

"Oh, Hey Uraraka, Kari, what are you two doing here?" He questioned.

"Well I guess I'm kinda nervous for my match so I decided to calm down in here" Uraraka explained.

"I just came in here after my match and wanted to hang out with her" I told him.

"I get that, you are up against Bakugo, after all, not exactly an easy match" Iida agreed.

"Yeah, I'm kinda scared but ya know after seeing your match, I feel a bit better" Uraraka told him, I laughed since Iida's match was pretty much a PR stunt.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he questioned, before we could respond the door opened and Izuku was standing there.

"Uraraka!" Izuku said.

"Deku? Why aren't you out there watching the matches?" she asked surprised he was here.

"Well most of them ended how I expected them to and it looks like Kirishima's fight's going to drag on for quite a while" he explained, and I nodded.

"I'm next, so this will be it, my fight!" Uraraka said and began to focus.

"I don't think Bakugo would use the full power of his explosion on a girl right?" Iida asked.

"Yeah he would" Izuku tells him.

"Yeah that asshole has no regards for feelings" I grumble while laying my head on the table, Uraraka looked at me sadly.

"And besides, everyone is trying to get the top spots in these games, even if she wasn't fighting Kacchan, I don't think anyone would hold back" Izuku explained while I nodded in agreement.

"You've helped me so much, it's my turn to help you, maybe I can repay you a little bit with this" Izuku said holding up his now very frail notebook.

"I've got a plan for how you can use your Quirk to beat Kacchan, it's not much but I did my best!" Izuku said determined.

"Yeah and I've trained with him before so I know a lot of his weak spots!" I tell her smiling.

"Hey! Well all right! This is perfect!" Iida said with thumbs up.

"Thank you so much for doing that!" Uraraka began "But, no sorry".

"What?" we all questioned taken back by her response.

"You're wonderful Deku, I keep seeing that over and over again. During the Calvary Battle it was a good idea to team up with friends but now that I think about it I might've been trying to rely on you to get by" Uraraka explained with her head down.

"That's why when Iida said he was trying his best to beat you or how Kari didn't choose to be on your team, I actually felt kind of embarrassed for myself" She said while standing up.

"Uraraka..." Izuku began to say.

"So its fine, really. Everyone's facing their future and giving this their best. That means we're all rivals and giving this their best. Even you and me, Deku, so guess I'll see you in the finals" she told us while giving a thumbs up.

~

Izuku, Iida and I were back in the student's section. I was standing with my arms crossed staring down at the sight below. Uraraka began to walk onto the field, I looked towards Katsuki to see his eyes already looking at me. We stood maybe a hundred plus feet apart, staring at each other. Our fight was still prominent in my mind as his red eyes looked into mine.

Uraraka then stopped as she stood twenty feet away from him as Present Mic announced them to the crowd.

"Let the eighth match... BEGIN!"

To be continued...