Chapter Sixteen: In Their Own Quirky Ways

Todoroki took quick action shooting his ice making a huge wall trapping the robots. He then took off going between their legs. I ran quickly after him realizing he froze them in an odd way making them start to fall, I forced a huge amount of air to keep them up and I easily slide threw before they collapsed. As I made it past the larger robots, I boasted myself up to Todoroki, Smirking at him.

"Gonna have to try harder to get rid of me Todoroki!" I yelled, he only smirked but kept running.

Now I can't use to much of my power now and exhaust myself. This is only the first round meaning I can't waste energy.

As I ran forward I saw large rock pillars separated by a deep cavern. Todoroki easily used his ice to get from one to another on the ropes.

'Okay now would be good to use my earth manipulation' I thought to myself.

Looking behind me my classmates were catching up. I quickly shot myself through the air by shooting the earth from under me upwards and landed on the pillars. I kept doing this maneuver onto each pillar while being careful not to shoot to high or low.

Once a crossed, I panted from the hard work. People were definitely catching up to Todoroki and I.

"YOU SUCK!" I heard Katsuki yell from behind us.

"TOOK YA LONG ENOUGH!" I yell at him making him even more mad.

Catching up to Todoroki we stop once we see what was ahead of us. A extensive field filled with mines was laid before us. Todoroki and I took off carefully and but in a fast manner. We could hear mines going off behind us but we didn't pay attention. My Quirk wouldn't help me much here since I can't shoot myself through the air that far. I heard Katsuki's explosions as he flew over the field while yelling at us.

"BASTARD! YOUR DECLARATION OF WAR WAS TO THE WRONG PERSON!" Katsuki yelled at him taking the lead, I sighed but kept moving through the field.

Ahead of me Katsuki and Todoroki were fighting each other while running, I stayed behind so I didn't get caught up in their mess and explode a mine on accident. Explosions were going off left and right when all of a sudden a huge explosion went off making us all stop and look back at it. I then see Izuku flying through the air from the explosion making me smile at his idea. Izuku flew way past Todoroki, Katsuki and I making him be in first place.

Katsuki then threw himself through the air with an explosion trying to go and get him now. I didn't care if I set off explosions now, I shot myself through the air causing a few mines to go off but I soared through the rest of the minefield. I watched ahead of me as Izuku started to fall towards the ground as Todoroki, Katsuki and I were all running next to each other but Izuku slammed the piece of metal onto the ground making a mine explode clouding our vision as he shoot through way ahead of us.

Running through the smoke, I ran as fast as I could behind the three boys, I used air the propel myself forward into the stadium. I had gotten fourth place. I walked over to Izuku who was crying.

"Nice job broccoli head! You really got us with that last explosion!" I congratulate him making him smile.

"You got fourth Akari! Nice job as well!" He complemented back, I looked over to Katsuki and saw he was pissed.

Walking over to him, I put my arm on his shoulder trying to console him but he shrugged it off making me huff with annoyance. Midnight began to announce the next challenge as I walked back over to Izuku and Uraraka.

"Only the top 42 will advance but don't be let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine" Midnight began licking her lips.

"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourself into the limelight, give it your best!" She began and whipped her whip as the reader board showed our next competition.

"Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is torture, prepare yourselves for this!" She said as the reader board pulled up 'Calvary battle'.

As Midnight explained, we can have teams of 2 to 4 people. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course. The points start as increments of five and then increase as you get higher with the results from ranking from the obstacle course. Meaning Izuku has ten million points, I widened my eyes not wanting to be with him.

"That's right it's survival of the fittest! It's a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!" Midnight said way to excited.

To be continued...

~