Chapter Sixty One: Overhaul

"The hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships" Dad began to lecture us as we sat in class "They entail helping pro agencies on the streets and with investigations. Your teachers and the principal discussed them at our faculty meeting yesterday and we all agree, it's to soon. They should really be canceled."

Once he said that my heart dropped, completely disappointed.

"WHAT?!" Everyone said around me shocked.

"Aw but we already met about them!" Kirishima called out.

"I guess but thinking about why we ended up in dorms, it does makes sense" Kaminari said not so shocked.

"Serves you right!" Katsuki yelled standing up while roughly putting his hands on his desk.

"You're just happy because you wouldn't have been able to participate" I tell him and he gives me a sideways glare which I return with a happy smile.

"But some think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook and with that in mind the compromise is to be selective about participating agencies. So choose one with a proven track record otherwise you won't be taking part" Dad explained to us, his tired eyes drooping.

'Wait good track record, there's no way Endeavor has a good track record' I think to myself.

My classmates begin to talk about different agencies and if they think they would be accepted and I can feel Katsuki's anger rolling off of him.

"DAMN IT!" He screams standing up and slamming his hands on his desk, I giggle as he fumes in his chair.

~

Walking down the hallway with the Bakusquad after class we made jokes about Katsuki's tantrum. Feeling my phone buzzing erratically I grab it and my eyes bulge at the contact name. I instantly stop walking and quickly answer the phone.

"Burnin! I didn't expect you to call back so quickly" I say and my friends whip around at me, shocked that I was on the phone with Endeavors sidekick.

"Elementium, I wanted to tell you this in person but the agency has just been swamped in stupid paperwork and unnecessary work ever since All Might's retirement" She tells me, annoyance rolling off her tongue.

"I know you were wanting to do your work study here but Endeavor just has to much work on his plate right now to take on anymore people. For now we can't offer you a work study position but if you wait then we could take you on when the dust settles a bit over here" Burnin explains to me and my heart drops.

Yeah Endeavor is a bad father and ultimately crude man but he still taught me a lot when I was interning with him. Plus now I have no idea where I could do my internship. 

"Oh, I understand. I should be able to find a word study elsewhere" I tell her with an obvious disappointed tone and she laughs.

"I know this is disappointing news kid but don't worry you'll be back running me coffee sooner than you think" She jokes with me and I smile lightly.

"Okay Burnin thank you" I tell her and we say our goodbyes before she hangs up.

"Ughhh" I groan once I'm off the phone with her, the Bakusquad staring at me sadly.

"Endeavor isn't taking you for a work study?" Kirishima asked surprised and I nod.

"Yeah since he's the 'Number One' now I guess his agency is just swamped in work" I explained to my friends and they gave me sad looks.

"Hah guess you're stuck with me" Katsuki says slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"I wonder if any other agencies would want me?" I say aloud and it's like the Gods heard me.