Chapter Twenty Three: Shoto Todoroki; Origin

After helping Izuku prep for his fight, I found my way back to the student's section and took a seat in between Iida and Uraraka. Izuku and Shoto were about to go head to head, it was truly a test between All Might's prodigy and Endeavors. I leaned forward as the two boys met each other on the field. The stadium crowd was cheering so loud I could barely think.

"Akari, how do you think this match will go?" Iida asked me as I crossed my arms.

"It depends if Izuku is able to get in close to him" I replied not taking my eyes off the field.

"Yeah, that's the problem, how will Deku avoid the ice?" Uraraka asked.

"Prepare for Midoriya vs Todoroki...BEGIN!" Present Mic shouts.

Shoto shot ice as Izuku making Izuku flick his finger towards it flicking it back towards him at a fast rate. Cold air breezed through the audience making us all shiver. I stood up putting my hands down onto the railing. Izuku was holding his hand with his broken finger. Shoto shot another barrage of ice towards Izuku but he did the same as before breaking another finger. As more ice was shot at Izuku Kirishima had just gotten back.

 As more ice was shot at Izuku Kirishima had just gotten back

"Oh crap, I'm missing it!" Kirishima said sadly.

"Hey, nice job making it to the second round, Kirishima" I heard Deki tell him.

"Thanks man, looks like I take down Bakugo next" Kirishima said.

"I'll kill you" was all Katsuki said in reply.

"Heh, yeah sure in your dreams, but seriously it's crazy how you, Todoroki and Kari all have moves that can blast the whole stadium!" Kirishima said, I turned around with a laugh.

"What Kirishima, scared of a girl now?" I questioned making him laugh.

I unfortunately looked at Katsuki who was staring at me once again. I sighed and turned back around ignoring the rest of the conversation. Looking at Izuku and Shoto, Izuku had broken all of his fingers on his right hand. Shoto began to run towards Izuku making him use his left hand now. Shoto dodged the attack and went down to punch Izuku but he missed him as he dodged as well.

When Izuku jumped away, Shoto trapped his ice around his foot. Izuku used his entire arm now breaking all the ice around him and pushing Shoto back. Shoto got up moving some ice, as I looked closely Shoto was shaking and ice was frost covering his right side. Shoto shot another overwhelming attack at him but Izuku shot his power back making us all gasp. Shoto had almost got knocked out of bounds but stopped himself with some ice.

We all watched waiting for their next move, Izuku had said something to him. Obvious anger plaguing Shoto as he ran towards Izuku.

"He's slower" I say lowly, he needed to use his left side in order to regain composure.

Shoto jumped at Izuku but he punched him in the gut making him go flying back making me gasp loudly. Shoto had touched his broken arm making it covered in ice. Shoto got up and shot ice towards him but he jumped away dodging it. As they fought, Izuku was ruining his body and Shoto was slowing down.

Izuku ran towards Shoto punching him as he was distracted. Izuku was yelling at him to use his full power. Shoto stood their as ice was now practically covering his entire right side. Izuku punched him once more making him fly back.

"IT'S YOUR QUIRK NOT HIS!" I yelled down to Shoto, gripping onto the railing tightly, he whipped his head up staring at me.

Like realization hit him like a train, he stood up igniting his fire. Bright orange and red flames reflected in my eyes as the crowd began to go wild. My hair whipped around in the wind the fire was producing.

"He's using his fire" Uraraka said shocked.

Shoto stood their, left side ignited as his right side was no longer being covered in ice. Shoto stood their with a huge smile on his face. Endeavor was yelling now happy he was using his fire but Shoto ignored him. The two boys got ready to fight when I realized how injured Izuku actually was and my smile dropped.

Cementoss started to make a barrier between the two as they shot at each other. They both gave off huge amounts of energy breaking the barriers and debris flew everywhere as well as wind, shielding my vision. Smoke clouded the arena, I looked around trying to see anything.

Finally, as smoke cleared Shoto was standing, half of his shirt ripped while Izuku was laying on the ground out of bounds. I quickly took off down to go meet them ignoring my classmates questions as to where I was going.

To be continued...