l

CHAPTER FIFTY |

"No." Lucie spat as both James and Grace tried to walk towards her, "I have other things to deal with right now. You find me in Small Heath."

Lucie ran from them, tears coating her eyes, sending the world into a crystal haze. People started to flood into the bar area, Lucie squeezed through the bustling people. No Peaky Blinders was anywhere to be found.

"Bastard." Lucie muttered.

Tommy had promised to meet her. However in true Shelby fashion he never arrived, Sabini made a short appearance but never Thomas.

In the distance, Lucie spotted a woman, dressed in striped black and white. A cream hat gently placed on her head.

"Pol!" Lucie fired, watching the woman turn on the spot, a small smile settled on her face.

"Haven't seen you today." Polly laughed, encasing Lucie in an embrace.

"Been waiting for Tommy, who never fucking showed up." Lucie sighed.

Polly pulled Lucie to a secluded corner, checking once then twice then three times before being adamant no one was around. Polly reached into her purse and pushed a gun into Lucie's hand.

"Polly?" Lucie whispered.

"Tom wanted me to shoot Campbell. You deserve it more than me." Polly assured her.

Lucie inspected the gun, the feeling of the cool metal in her hand. It just didn't fit. Physically it was perfect. Large enough to grip, small enough to use. Yet it didn't fit.

Lucie sighed, handing the gun discreetly back to Polly. She looked at the young girl in confusion. Lucie reaches into her bag and pull out a small knife, the same one she had when Grace left.

Lucie wasn't a violent person and she had no plans to use the knife on Campbell. She just wanted to make him feel powerless. A taste of his own medicine.

"You can kill him. I can't, I haven't got the stomach for it, but I want to speak to him." Lucie slid the dagger into her clutch again. She kept her hand around the knife.

"He's on the phone. Go now." Polly watched Lucie walk a fair distance away before walking behind.

Campbell was on the phone, smiling. Lucie stood and watched, waiting for him to notice her. She walked closer to the cubicle. Campbell noticed the familiar face and excused himself from the phone call.

As he open the small door Lucie pushed herself inside, closing the piece of wood behind her. The Inspector attempted to leave but Lucie was quick to stop him.

The tip of her knife rested in the centre of his abdomen. Halting his exit. His breathing was heavy as he stared at Lucie. The once nineteen year old child, now twenty five with a knife to his stomach.

"Lucie." He began. "There's no need for violence."

"I was innocent, young." Lucie reported. "Defenceless." She spat.

Campbell looked at her in confusion.

"You took that innocent nineteen year old and tossed her to the gutter. No one deserves to do this more than me."

"Lucie. We're old friends. You don't need to do this." Campbell gripped the blade, trying to take control, Lucie wouldn't let him.

Her impulse kicked in, without thinking she pulled the blade from his hand, slicing through his palm and multiple fingers. She raised the dagger once more. This time closer to his neck. He shuffled in fear, cowering.

"I don't want to kill you. I want to make you feel powerless. Just how I felt all those years ago." Lucie moved the point of her knife closer to him.

"I hope you enjoy your last five minutes." Lucie began to lower the knife slowly, the point facing Campbell's thigh.

"You will never have power." Campbell whispered.

Before Lucie had processed his words, Campbell had pushed his thigh into the air with force. Plunging the knife through his skin, before letting his leg drop back down, leaving a bloody knife in Lucie's possession.

"I hope that haunts you." Campbell strained.

Lucie dropped the bloodied knife into her clutch wide eyed, running from the small space past Polly. The Shelby's ain't grabbed her arm as she rushed past.

"I'll see you at the Garrison." Polly smiled.

Lucie just nodded and kept walking, she could barely breath. Her knife, in her hand. She had no control over what he did. Yet she still felt like it was all her fault.

The ran down the stairs, ignoring the side eyed glances she received from the toffs. At the entrance, she spotted many of the Blinders, Arthur and John stood beside one another rounding them up.

"Luce! Where've you been, eh?" Arthur roared, pulling the girl into her. "What's this on your dress?"

Lucie looked down, the hem of her dress presented a crimson colour, sending her head reeling at the sight.

"Get me home, Arthur." Lucie whispered. "Just get me home." Lucie let tears fall from her eyes, pulling close to Arthur.

Tommy wandered into his betting den, seeing Michael asleep in his chair. He kicked the table in a somewhat violent manner to wake the young boy up. Thomas kept walking, straight into his office, expecting Michael to follow.

The crime boss wiped the blood from his face, pouring them both a glass of whiskey.

"I've decided I want to make real money. With you." Michael announced.

Thomas just passed him a filled glass, his signature smirk settled on his face. The glasses clicked together before the pair seated themselves.

"I've got some ideas Michael. For the future of the company." Thomas began, leaning back into his chair.

"And also, I'm planning on getting married."

Michael choked on his whiskey once the words had left Tommy's lips. The young boy composed himself before speaking.

"To Lucie, I hope." To which he only received a chuckle in response.

"Because if that Grace lady comes back, everyone will collectively kill you."

Tommy finished his drink and poured himself another. He left Michaels words hanging in the air.

"You'll meet Grace."