Chapter 17 Robin

Third pov

Ladybug landed on a rooftop in the middle of the city, blending in surprisingly well for the colours she was wearing.

She'd found Gotham beautiful in daylight, but in the night, it's absolutely breathtaking.

The city was lit up from different sources in different colours, the sound of sirens could be heard in the distance and people moved on the streets.

It's life.

It's honest.

Honest in a way she doubts Paris will ever be.

Paris hides behind a perfect exterior.

Gotham doesn't hide what it is. Doesn't lie, doesn't pretend bad things aren't happening.

Despite that, she can't help but love this crime ridden city for that honesty.

"One of Paris superheroes. What are you doing here?"

She turned around to see that Robin had landed not far from her. He seemed to be uncertain if he needed to prepare for a fight.

She didn't step closer.

"I'm here to see if I can talk to Batman."

"About what?"

"About Paris."

***********************************************************************

While Damian had "loosened up" since leaving the League of Assassins, he wasn't a fool. Relaxing around heroes or vigilantes he hasn't met before isn't something he's going to do.

Although he has met this one as a civilian. There's really no doubt of Ladybugs civilian identity in his eyes.

His standing across from Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

"We have only recently been informed of the state of your city." He told her.

She sighed. "I figured as much. We contacted the Justice League years ago and were treated as a joke, so I suspected no one else would've been informed."

Robin frowned. They contacted JL?

Something was off. He'd have to talk to Batman about it. "I can contact him for you."

Ladybug nodded and flashed him a genuine smile. One that made him feel... Weird.

He unmuted his earpiece. "Batman?"

"Everything alright, Robin?"

"One of Paris heroes have come to Gotham. She wants to speak with you."

***********************************************************

Batman stopped on a rooftop.

Ladybug had decided to come talk to them.

Did their questioning Marinette lead to the girl suspecting something? Or was it something she planned to do anyways?

"I'll be there in five." He told Robin as he changed direction.

*****************************************************

When Batman landed beside Robin, Ladybug felt an itching recognition inside her mind.

Like she knows these two.

"You wanted to speak with me?" Batman said.

"Yes. I figured it would be easier than trying to contact the Justice League again."

He gave of a confused vibe. "Again?"

She nodded. "Yeah, we contacted them just after everything started in Paris. However, the guy that answered told us that we shouldn't prank call them."

She remembered how angry she'd been back then.

"I will investigate that. It's a very serious matter for someone to do something like that." Batman looked very displeased. "Is there anything we can help you with now?"

Ladybug hesitated. She wasn't sure how the question would be received.

"I've come to ask you and the rest of the JL to stay out of Paris while Hawkmoth is active."

Vote and comment, it keels me motivated :)