The punchline

('I got a headache....but what the fuck ever.')

Enjoy
____________________________________________________________________________________

3rd POV

School had gotten canceled for the rest of the day, the incident in which a young female leaps from the top of second story building. Though most would send there regards, the ones who actually cared would see right through their pitiful attempts at sympathy. As for (Y/n), well he knew this was the beginning of his downfall.

(Y/n)'s POV

Rachel and I went with Cindy's parents to the hospital where she currently is. I was fighting a war in my head as the conversation between the nurse and her parents unfolds.

Mr. Fox- "how is she?"

Nurse- "fortunately, she's alive. But the fall put her in a comatose state.....I apologize, but there isn't much we could do."

('happened in persona 5 so don't tell me it's impossible.')

Cindy's mom breaks down as she holds her husband's arm. The weight of the situation had already been too heavy and even though it wasn't my fault....I can't help but take all the blame.

(Y/n)- "e-excuse me....I-I'm gonna need a m-moment alone...."

They nod and I left the room as I just casually walked to the bathroom. I hold both sides only the sink and stare at myself in the mirror. Every growing second I grow sicker and sicker of who stares back at me.

(Y/n)- "GRAAAAH!"

I punch the mirror leaving a giant crack on it. The result, my fist was now covered in my blood....but I was too angry to care. I just kept punching, and I soon kicked down a trash can. I picked it up again and threw it at a wall and kicked it repeatedly.

(Flashback)

(Y/n)- "y-you what?"

Cindy- "it's been eating away at my heart...look I know that I haven't been the best person before the incident...b-but...you were the only person who gave me a chance..."

She blushed even more.

Cindy- "y-you saved me..."

The words that she spoke warmed my heart in ways no one ever had. She looked down and said.

Cindy- "i-it's fine if you don't accept...I'll just go..."

She walks away, but I embraced her before she ventured too far.

(Y/n)- "you're not alone...I-I sorta developed feelings for you as well..."

I could feel my face slowly heat up as Cindy's does the same. She turned to me and her eyes began to sparkle.

Cindy- "r-really?"

(Y/n)- "y-yeah..."

She smiles as tears form in her eyes. She tackles me to the ground and presses her lips onto mine. Her eyes stayed closed and she deepens the kiss. I melted into it soon after....we must've laid in the grass for at least another 3 minutes before we break it and stare at each other.

Cindy- "I love you, (Y/n)."

(Y/n)- "I love you too, Cindy."

(End)

I stood back up and breathed heavily....the previous memories of her all flew throughout my mind, almost tormenting me of her inevitable end.

Thoughts- '....what do I do now......?'