Burying the hatchet

('My favorite web comic ended 😭😭. Also I can't stop writing, it's an actual problem now.... help.')

Enjoy
____________________________________________________________________________________

Rachel's POV

The blinding light cleared up and I managed to pick myself up.

Cyborg- "you guys ok?"

Robin- "kinda."

Beast boy- "man that hurts my head."

Starfire- "where is (Y/n)?"

Rachel- "(Y/n)!!"

I scream before running down the hallway that he went to. I saw him on the ground with a dart in his back. I ran to him and saw that her was still alive thankfully.

Rachel- "azarath metrion zinthos!"

I used magic to wake him up. His eyes fluttered up and he looks up at me, confused.

(Y/n)- "w-what happened?"

Rachel- "you were ambushed and Rose took Moriah."

(Y/n)- "d-dammit!"

He picked himself up and stomped out of the room.

(Y/n)'s POV

I left the room and went straight to John.

(Y/n)- "I need your ring."

John- "why?"

(Y/n)- "just give it to me!"

He took off his ring and gave it to me. I put it on, feeling a surge of courage rush through me. I turn to Batman and constructed a green hand. I grabbed him and held him up.

(Y/n)- "WHY DID YOU TAKE HER!?!"

Batman- "You wouldn't un-"

(Y/n)- "BULLSHIT!! TELL ME WHY!?!"

('Don't any of you dare make a Backstreet Boys comment.')

He sighed and looked at me sternly.

Batman- "how much do you think a human baby costs?"

('It's not what you think....what he's saying I mean.')

(Y/n)- "I like dark humor too but I'm a father now so why would you ask that?"

Batman- "answer the question."

I thought for a second and then answered.

(Y/n)- "$2'000 at most."

Batman- "how much more do you think an indestructible, extraterrestrial female child would cost?"

(Y/n)- "do these questions have a point?"

Batman- "all in do time."

(Y/n)- "well then tell me!"

Batman- "all of America knows. In fact the UN had a whole board meeting about the appearance of another kryptonian."

(Y/n)- "what?"

Batman- "if you had seen the news until now, Moriah as you refer to her is always at top stories. As of right now, the government has her pod and are doing rigorous experiments on it."

(Y/n)- "hmph. And they called me paranoid. That still doesn't explain why you brought up selling babies. Where you planning on selling her?"

I made the construct hand grip tighter and Batman says in a strained voice.