⤷ 03| PATRONUS

chapter three : patronus

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper was glad to finally arrive at Hogsmeade Station. She managed to stick with Harry through the busy crowd and the four of them sat together in a carriage.

"Oi, Potter!" a voice exclaimed, once they had reached the castle. "Is it true you fainted? You actually fainted?"

Harry was about to answer when Juniper stopped him. She glared at Draco, making him shrink under her glare.

"Now, Draco, remember what I told you on the train." Her hazel eyes were staring him down, daring him to speak up, but he did not. His lips thinned as he turned around and stalked towards the castle.

"Blimey, June, if that's what prefects can do than I want to be one too," Ron exclaimed. Hermione, however, was looking rather disapproving.

"That's not how you're suppose to do that, Ron!" Hermione exclaimed. "However, we do appreciate it, June."

The black haired nodded. "Anytime."

☆ ☆ ☆

June sat down next to the Weasley twins and opposite of Oliver.

"Where were you?" Fred asked, looking at his dear friend.

"With Harry and the others," the black haired replied. "Apparently the Dementor was rather interested in Harry, if you know what I mean."

"Welcome!" Dumbledore said, the candlelight shimmering on his beard. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast . . ."

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued.

"As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

June exchanged a worried glance with Angelina.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises — or even Invisibility Cloaks," he added blandly, and June gave Harry a sideways glance. "It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the Prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs foul of the Dementors."

Oliver clasped Juniper on the shoulder as Percy, who was sitting a few seats along from them, puffed out his chest again; he looked very seriously around the Hall, and nobody moved or made a sound.