Chapter 7

Malta, Valletta

Victor Kenton went by the 1639 and 1740-built St. Paul's Shipwreck church as he continued along St. Paul Street. Given that it was the biggest event in Maltese history, he understood the significance of this chapel to the locals. A piece of the pillar that St. Paul was beheaded on may be found in the depths of this elaborate baroque cathedral, which was built in the name of Malta's well-known patron saint. Two of The Sandino's top hitmen had been sent after Leslie by him. He was aware of the significant bequest her father had made to the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. Yet, he was unsure of what it was.

When he ascended to Fountain Street, where his private gallery was located, he turned left. Later, he would worry for Jean de Vallette's granddaughter. He entered his gallery by strolling up to the front door, grabbing the doorknob, and opening it. He made his way down the hallway, past all the well-known paintings that were displayed on the walls and artifacts that were on show in glass cases. Yet, he did not order the Sandino family to smuggle items into the illegal market. Instead, they strolled over to his office, seized the door as he opened it, and entered as he was still closing the door behind them. At his workstation, he sat down in his chair. He was aware that MI6 and the Maltese Security Service were investigating him. Yet, it was nothing new.

With the famous paintings and relics he planned to sell on the black market, he knew he would make a fortune. Billions of dollars. He didn't care where the money came from or traveled to. In a private, abandoned warehouse, he kept his belongings.For centuries, he kept the order secret, even if it meant killing others. But that was the price to protect it. He learned a lot from history. For him, history was fascinating, especially in Valletta.

He grew concerned since he hadn't heard Andreevich in Monaco yet. He was about to board a plane for Corfu where he would meet Don Vito Sandino of the Sandino family and Mogilevich, the Bratva's leader. Indeed, he was a type of merchant and Grand Master of the hospitaller knights, who had been around for many years.

He stood up from his desk, left his office, and made his way down the hallway to the gallery's main door. They shouldn't have to wait, he thought. Business-wise, that wasn't a successful thing in business. He exited the vehicle and waited for his driver in the Mercedes Benz to approach the front door while holding onto the door handle. A huge stone structure with a cathedral-like appearance that overlooked St. Elmo Bay was known as the Hospitaller Gallery.

He'd flown to Corfu on his private Gulfstream and slid into the armoured, shiny Mercedes-Benz as the chauffeur closed the door behind him. They drove off, heading for the Achilleion Palace. Victor admired the view from the window. It would be a long drive for him, but he enjoyed it.Time to think and plan ahead for what he needed to do.

They pulled up to a gate outside The chauffeur stepped over to the back door and opened it for Victor. He climbed out and saw two limousines driving up to the gate. Don Vito Sandino's door was opened by the chauffeur when he exited the driver's side of the car. Vito emerged from the rear with his consignee by his side. He approached the Grand Master Kenton as he stood there to meet him.

"Don Vito, welcome to Corfu, Greece," Victor said.

"Thank you, but what's the purpose of this meeting? Vito said.

At that same moment, the chauffeur exited the car and unlocked the door for Semion Mogilevich, the Bratva boss. Mogilevich emerged from the rear wearing a stylish European suit that was expertly fitted.Victor and Vito were standing near the gate when Mogilevich ventured over and said, "This better be good for you, Victor.".

They walked up a steep coastal hill on a cobblestone path to Achilleion Palace, built in the late 1890s for the Empress Elizabeth of Austria. After that, they climbed some steps to the garden's balcony terrace, where they took in the view of the town below. It was busy with tourists taking photos, as usual. Leaning back against the railing of the balcony, Victor strolled over to it.

In his response to the question, Victor says, "Gentlemen, we make billions in the black market selling these paintings and relics to private collectors.

The giant Achilles statue guarding the area, as well as the palace and cypress trees, caught Vito's attention. He was like Achilles himself. The don thought this was some kind of palace. He pictured himself living in the Achilleion Palace in Greece and running the Sandino family from here.

"Explain to me how you sell these artworks and artifacts to private collectors at this private auction, Vito demanded.

"These paintings and artifacts represent Europe, Rome, Florence, and even Malta itself," declared Victor.

Mogilevich said, "You had to be fucking insane if you are saying what I believe you are saying," in amazement but not surprised.

Mogilevich, you earn billions in this, Victor continued, and no one will wonder where the money comes from or goes.

Vito said, "I like that, Victor."

Through the glass doors, they entered the palace and entered the main hall, which was dominated by a huge staircase covered in crimson carpet. Vito saw the Four Seasons ceiling painting. Yet he couldn't help but wonder why Victor had chosen to meet at the Achilleion Palace. He wasn't sure if the meeting had any purpose.

"What about this antique dealer who is rumored to be poking around your gallery in search of information on the black market, asked Mogilevich.

Victor added, "Leslie de Vallette, the granddaughter of Jean de Vallette, the Grand Master of the Knights of Hospitaller and the Knights of Malta, works for him as a cleaner, therefore I hired the Raptor to terminate him. Nevertheless, there is another issue. But rest assured that I have it under control, so don't worry."

When Mogilevich heard Leslie de Vallette's name, he momentarily stopped in his tracks since he had taken her to his estate in St. Petersburg. He felt this was fascinating. Beside the Raptor, she was at work.