Chapter 53: Shadow of Rogue

Lourmarin, France

Ruyan's pov:

Ruyan removed her dark sunglasses, as her eyes darted back and forth to the painting of beheading of John the Baptist. She was sure that one of these spies or assassins would try outbid her for it. She couldn't let that happen. She would out smart them somehow. There was nothing that she couldn't handle or do? If they thought just was one random collector, they were wrong! She was Rogue.

She admired the painting although probably wouldn't be staying in her safe house in Rome for long. It was always good to have a painting there. Her business with Kenton would be done after this. Slowly glanced catching a glimpse of a woman with pitch-black hair with pale skin and forest green eyes.

There was something sinister and cold about her

She thought

Ruyan remembered seeing a man coming to the door to talk to of ladies there. She still had the photograph of her sister now, and then she would look at it. Many times over the year she wondered what happened to her sister after the orphan home? She wished she knew what happened? Back when she was a foreign agent for the KGB, they had told her that there was no record of her ever having a sister? But she knew better, and that she had a sister.

Victor causally walked over to Ruyan to where she was looking at the painting. He couldn't help noticing the resemblance in Ruyan that he had seen Grey. He was a keen observer of people, that's what made him so powerful and dangerous. Plus, he knew their weakness.

Could be a coincidence

He though

" Madame Ruyan, I see that you're admiring the famous painting of the beheading of John the Baptist," Victor said in a  curious tone

"Yes Victo like it speaks to me," Ruyan remarked in Russian accent.

"It's worth a killing in the black market, also you might like St.Agatha head relic too," Victor said in calm, cool tone.

"Who's your new head of security, Victor," Ruyan questioned in a curious tone.

"Her name is Azalea Elizabeth Grey, I think you two might know each other somehow," Victor told her

"Why do you say that,"Ruyan asked.

"Oh, just a feeling I have," Victor replied.

"Listen Victor, I'll put my bid twenty million dollars in for the painting right now. I'm will not let them outbid me for it got it," Ruyan scowled.

He gestured Grey to bring over the laptop as she did. After that she opened up laptop; eyeing Ruyan closely studying her. Grey couldn't help but wonder if Madame Ruyan was her sister. Yes,she still that picture of sister, every now and then she would Look at it, wondering, whatever happened to her?

"Madame Ruyan, you can enter password on the screen for one offshore bank accounts," Victor said in a serious tone.

Ruyan typed in her password on the screen. A few seconds later a different screen flashed on, showing the Citibank Russia. She entered the amount into one of the offshore bank's accounts. After Grey closed it. The mercenaries lifted the painting of the Beheading of John the Baptist. They carried the painting over to one of the containers. After that they placed it inside and closed it. Their were orders clear what they were suppose to do.

Before Grey could move Ruyan grabbed her hand noticing the Desert Eagle 50 caliber pistol holstered in her shoulder holster. She had remembered that Popov had also the samepistol after all, he was black ops operative for the KGB. So the question was who was this Azalea Elizabeth Grey? She saw something in Grey that got her startled? Didn't know what it was ?