Chapter 20:Got it in you

Malta, Grand harbor

Song I  ran by Flock of Seagulls

Leslie Pov

Just then a taxi sped by him he glanced back to the taxi, and thought, he saw Leslie in it. It was her. He wondered what she found had out. She looked out the window of the taxi seeing the Raptor looking at her through the window.

She decided the best thing was to keep loyalty to the man with many faces. After all he had killed one of the assassins when they tried to grab from him.

Leslie shouted"Stop" at the driver in the taxi, still, she wondered if she should tell the Raptor that she was working for the CIA. Maybe he knew that already, and that was why he hired her as his cleaner. She didn't? know but right she needed his help finding this chapel here. The taxi pulled a stop along one of the sidewalks.

Leslie jumped out and ran over to the Raptor saying"I need your help finding this chapel and I found something about our client Victor Kenton"

The Raptor said"Leslie what the hell did you get involved in, I was just supposed to kill antiques dealer for Mr.Kenton but then find out from the assassins he represents ancient sect within the ranks of the Sovereign Military order of Malta"

Leslie said"I have to tell you... Something so don't get pissed okay..I work for the CIA"

The Raptor said"I know that you  work for them Leslie remember after you pass the test you went to work for them"

Leslie said"Yes...I but I'm working for the Director of National Intelligence who is now the new chief of the CIA"

The Raptor said"What the fuck how I am supposed to trust you now Leslie"

Leslie said"I would never betray you  my loyalty is to you"

The Raptor said"You don't understand you know who I am and all my secrets and where I keep my file of the clients"

Leslie said"But I would never sell you out to the CIA or give them your encrypted file of clients"

The Raptor said "those assassins were Italian hitmen from the Sandino family Leslie"

Leslie said"I'm not from a Mafia family I cam family a noble aristocratic family that part of the Knights of Malta. My father was the resident Knight at Fort St Angelo and curator at St John Co-cathedral...All I know is I was suppose to find this letter and that I'm important to the Knights of Malta"

The Raptor said"Okay calm down I believe anyway I think our paymaster well send some assassins after us or me"

Leslie said"I know that Victor Kenton was the grandmaster of the Knights of the hospitallers and that he had my father killed"

The Raptor said"We gotta get someplace safe do you have anywhere we can go"

Leslie thought for a moment of course the safe house she was supposed to go to. It made perfect sense to go there.No one else knew about it except the CIA. Not even Victor Kenton knew about it which was good a thing. But then how did his assassins find her at Fort St Angelo. That was the question on her mind right now.

They strolled down the cobblestone as they passed by St John Co-cathedral and the Royal Opera House as they ventured out through the city gate walking by the Triton Fountain and the Phoenicia Malta. They strolled over to Smart car rental walking into the rental office. The clerk up from the counter as he saw them. They walked over to the Counter.

The rental clerk said"How can I help you"

The Raptor said"Yes we would like to rent a Mazda3 Sport"

The rental clerk reached into the under the counter grabbing the keys for the vehicle that they wanted to rent and handed it over to them. The Raptor grabbed the keys as he paid the clerk with eighty Euros. They walked out and strolled over to the car. The Raptor unlocked the doors they climbed in ad closed the doors.