Chapter 45: The Lighting of the storm

Malta,valletta

Nicky pov

Nicky walked across the terminal through the crowd of people that were taking their time walking. She was in a hurry, as she carefully over her shoulder to make sure that there wasno following her. After that she had taken the escalator downto the customs area. The line was beginning to quickly but now slowly. She looked around taking in her surroundings around her.

She ventured over one of the customs official booths, where the officer gestured to her to hand over her passport; in which she did. The official flipped over the passport looking at her. He closed the passport, handing it back to her. Nicky grabbed it strolling out into the main part of the Airport

It was busy with people rushing to catch their flights, and walking around looking in the gifts shops. She made her way out through the front doors of the Airport, into the parking lot where she saw the Defender parked. Nicky quickly strolled over to the jeep seeing the keys that were still. She wondered if the doors were locked or not?

She grabbed the handle opening the door, and climbed in. Backing out of the parking lot she sped down the streets and onto the costal highway heading back into Malta. After seeing the paintings and relics in the warehouse in Naples she was furious; what did Kenton think he was going to gain from it?

Nicky drove down street passing by some stores and restaurants before she turned the corner driving down some more block turning into the neighbourhood. There were hardly any people out or maybe they were inside. She drove the street a little then turning the corner coming up to driveway of the safehouse, and parked.

Nicky stepped out grabbing the door handle, as she closed it behind her. Then she walked up the sideway to front entrance of the safe house. Before she opened the door she looked around making sure that there is no one watching. Enters thecode as the senors turn red on the security system. After that Nicky ventured into the closing the door behind her. 

Placing her laptop on the table near the sofa, she walked into the den where Lex was standing in front of the weapons vault. Nicky swung her dark long hair revealing her deadly dark blue wearing a black-shirt with her shoulder holster that holstered her Ruger.22

"Lex I think kenton is going to have Don Sandino ship the paintings and relics into the black market somehow, because that would explain why he would keep for until the black market," Nicky stated.

"The only question is where is the black market if we knew that we could figure out how to stop him from doing it," I said

Nicky ventured over to the weapons vault, and entered the code to open the door as the senor turned green. The door clicked open. She walked in grabbing the body armor off the rac and then slipped off her shoulder holster to put her on her body armor.

Slipping back on her shoulder holster she wondered how tight the security was going to be at the black market, and even if they could penetrate it.

"Lex Did you talk to Director Hamilton about Summer and told her that she was set up by," Mogilevich,Nicky asked.

"Yes I did she's going to to talk to President Roberts about it Don't worry and I think I know who the mole in the CIA," I told her.

"Whoever it is must be on Kenton's payroll," Nicky remarked.

"Section chief Conrad Clayton is the mole he wants to disband the Alpha group because he thinks that were a threat to national security and believes that Summer gone rogue," I told her.

"Lex Summer never go rogue you know and if this Section chief Clayton is the mole in the CIA that would certainly explain how cover was blown on the Enchanted Duchess," Nicky exclaimed.

Nicky walked over into the Kitchen, opened the cupboard door and grabbed a glass out of and then closed it. She went over the refrigerator, and opened it. Grabbing a bottle of whisky out she closed the door; strolling over to the kitchen counter and poured some in a glass. She took a sip off it reflexing on her options what to do and how to do it?

The Sandino gunmen had her found at her inside the warehouses, it had been a close call; that it was. But she had gotten away and eliminated all of them that tried to kill her. After she finished sipping her Whisky she knew that summer could handle herself.

"Any news on Ruyan,"Nicky asked.

"Yes she's in Rome maybe even working with Kenton," I stated

787 words in chapter