Chapter 36:The Truth about Leslie Alexis

Malta, Mdina

Leslie

Malta, Valletta

Leslie pulled out the map unfolding, it trying to figure out this all meant. As far as she could tell it looked a quest but for what? What was she supposed to do? She was still puzzled by what the Knight meant when the time comes she'll know what to do.? She wanted to ask the Knight some more questions before but couldn't summon the courage.

Leslie walked down the cobblestone street passing, through some people standing around visiting not knowing what happened? Strolling by the Royal opera house and St John Co-cathedral on her way back to the city gate. She knew that Victor would send all his knights after her once he found out that his assassins he dispatch were dead.

She ventured out through the city gate, walking over the Mazda 3 sport. Opened the door climbing in the closed it. Leslie glanced at the ancient map there were a bunch of places but she knew where she would go first Mdina. She would see where takes her maybe the answer to the saying was there she wished knew more?

She parked outside the Midna gate stepped out surveying, her surroundings before she continued. Closed the door and walked up the gate blending into the crowd of people strolling through. She didn't know what she was looking for, all that she knew was that she was on a quest to see what she find out here and why it was so important to hide this map for?

Walking down the street of the silent city her instincts were sharp. She kept thinking about what the Knight told her that she was important to the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. How was that the question she needed answered? This whole thing started with the dam letter her grandfather left her.

Now this ancient sect was after her for some unknown reason which made no sense to her. She knew nothing about the Order expect that her father was a Knight a Resident Knight at FortSt Angelo. She saw some people standing around talking so she decided to go over and ask them where St Paul Cathedral was?

"Excuse can you tell me where this cathedral is," Leslie asked the guy.

"Yes it just long down the street around the corner," the man told her.

"Thank you," Leslie replied

Leslie ventured down the street she could feel the past here of all the people who had lived for centuries. Passing by the Fontanella Tea Garden. There were people sitting there enjoying themself in the sun. She made way over to St Paul Cathedral it was the country oldest church she admired the Baroque Architecture before she entered.

Walking into the elegant dim-lit cathedral she was struck at how beautiful the artwork and the engraving were. For some reason she felt like she had been before but didn't know when? She spotted the curator walking around and went over to him. He froze when he saw her coming his way.

"Leslie de Vallette I knew you would come back I just knew it," the curator remarked.

"How do you know me and what are you talking about," Leslie stated.

"You don't remember me I was one of the Resident Knights at St Fort Angelo I was at your home when I was trying to warn your father about Victor and his Knights," The curator told her.

"No I don't remember you at all you still didn't answer my question," Leslie snapped

"The Knights of Malta believed that when the time came for a civil war within their ranks the granddaughter of the great Jean de Vallette would come back and become the new GrandMaster ending the Knights of the Hospitallers with the Papal request and here you are," The curator exclaimed.

"Hold on okay I'm not some miracle that Knights want you to have wrong the person," Leslie told him.

"Oh then how do you explain finding that map in your hand and coming here first? You are meant to be the legendary GrandMaster Leslie. Your father was a nobleman from a powerful noble family his family and Kenton's at war each other in the Order but he knew he did the right thing, "The curator remarked.