Chapter 35: The blackness of a storm

Song Storm by Ruelle

Naples, Italy

Nicky's Pov

The enchanted Duchess docked alongside

Nicky strolled down the ramp with the people going on tour trying to blend in. She quickly glanced over to one of the port authoritiescoming over to the ship to one of the 2nd officers. She moved quickly out of the crowd making over to see what they were saying.

"Don Sandino and Mr.Kenton want the Uffizi collection to ready to go into the black market soon," The 2nd officer stated.

"We'll load into the van and take them to the warehouse until we hear from Mr.Kenton," The port authority officer replied.

Nicky saw the port authority officer hand the 2nd the officer an envelope of money. The 2nd officer of the ship nodded and walked away. So that was it she thought they were storing the painting and relics in the Sandinos warehouse. The only question was where was the black market going to be? She had to be careful she knew now they knew who was she really was.

The city itself was a high-octane environment with great art that stirs you at the heart with lively streets full of conservation. Three minutes later a forklift slowly drove up to the loading deck as it lifted up the contains then a Large black van parked a couple docks down.

Nicky splinted over one of the docks, seeing more of Don Sandino's men walking out must be security she thought carrying MP7 in their hands. Shit was going messy plus she and had the problem with her cover been compromised and blown.

The Mobster grabbed the back door of the van as the forklift put the containers inside. After that, they closed and walked around to the driver's side climbing in closing the door and sped down the street.

Nicky quickly hurried up the cruise port where the taxis where waiting and hailed for one. The taxi sped up to the curve. She grabbed the door and climbed.

"Follow the black," she told the taxi driver

The driver nodded as they drove off tailing the van down the narrow streets a few vehicles behind. Nicky looked out the window at scenery amazed how beautiful Naples but still thinking that she was getting to the smuggling operation of the black market. She wondered where the hell this warehouse was?

When the van turned a hard left onto the street, maybe the warehouse was on the outskirts of the city? It would make sense that the warehouse would be on the outskirts probably guarded by Sandino men and some of the Kenton men too. Which meant that she would probably have to go in armed and ready. She reached into her shoulder holster and withdrew her suppressed Ruger.22 gripping it in her hands.

Nicky stepped out of the taxi the Ruger.22 clutched in her grip. She slowly made over to the warehouse where, two of Sandino Mobsters walked and back forth looking for anyone suspicious they couldn't take any chances. Not with what they had inside the warehouse. Nicky grabbed the door, as she lid inside looking around to see what she could find. There were large containers all around.

She couldn't believe that Kenton had all these, famous paintings and relics here. This made her mad now she was really pissed. Fuck Jesus Nicky though she would have to have one of these paintings in the safe house. But not here in the warehouse.

Nicky heard some feet some steps coming toward the door, she wondered if the taxi driver had told of the Sandino men that she followed them here. Right now she was worried about the paintings and the relics before they were going sold on the black market.

The door opened. The mobster strolled in carrying MP5 submachine gun clutched their hands, Nicky hid behind some crates her suppressed Ruger down at her side. She knew that she could take them out with one shot but didn't want to draw any attention to her. If they found her she would have to make a run it after she killed them.