Chapter 34: Sperate ways

St Petersburg, Russia, Malta

Sumer pov

 Song Light'em up by Fallout Boy

Summer walked across the terminal still keeping her head down. She needed to get to her operational apartment, the safe house. Something wasn't right about the senator mansion she knew what it was, Susan Hart, of course, she had probably put the knife there.

She took the escalator to customs area after that she was cleared she ventured out front doors of the airport over to the parking lot where the Mazda CX3 was parked. Knowing that she left her earpiece in the glove department. It was too risky to terminate Mogilevich right now. She needed to this lawyer and put a round into her first.

She ventured over to the vehicle, unlocked the door climbing, and closed the door. She sped down the narrow streets to the Apartment grabbing her earpiece out of the glove department and putting on it.

"Lex I need Your help. I'm framed by Mogilevich and his asset in Aegis Security and Investigation. They had me eliminate a Senator on domestic soil,"

"Where are you now Summer," I asked.

"I'm in St Petersburg on my back to my safe house to figure out what to do next," Summer replied.

"Get your to Safehouse there. I'll send Orlean to St Petersburg to help you," I told her.

"Lex you know I would never do that on domestic soil," Summer told me.

"Yes Summer I know you wouldn't do it on domestic soil don't worry I get in touch with President Roberts and Director Hamilton," I told her.

She pulled up a couple blocks, away from seeing the FSB vehicle parked two streets down. Crap she thought this wasn't going too easy. She wondered if Mogilevich had the FSB there was as welcome wagon for her. But the senator was on a domestic Soil not Russian soil. She had to get inside to her apartment knowing the Bratva would be coming after her with all their fury and power.

Summer ended the conversation on her Bluetooth earpiece climbing out of the Mazda dashing across the street behind some cars into a back alley making her over to the back door of the apartment. There was no one around which was good she thought. She quickly moved to the back grabbed it sprinted in flash 

She hurried the staircase to the apartment unlocked the door and ventured inside slamming the door behind. She walked over to the weapon vault and entered her code that turned green. She grabbed the door and entered looking around all hell was going to break loose now.

Malta, Valletta

Orleana walked over to the front door as she opened it and ventured out onto the sidewalk seeing that E Coupe which

She knew would that she would take. It was all part of the plan they had put together. Luckily we had another vehicle

our Green Range Rover defender 90. I strolled out closing the door behind us.

Even if Kayleigh could get us intel on Kenton's operation she would be found out and blown. Which was not good of course but it might be our one lead to where this black market was going to be. I remember what my station chief told me on my first op assignment in Oslo Norway.

"Any operation can go awry if it is wrong then is it wrong, It's unknown that we fear and what to do,"

He was right about that this operation was in the unknown and more riskier but each of us as come so far to become a talented team that we were. We ventured down to the driveway where the Defender 90 was parked. Orleana walked over to the driver side grabbing the door as she climbed in. She closed the door behind her. I strolled over to the passenger side and stepped in closing the door.

I knew where Kayleigh was heading which got me thinking was she playing both sides or going help us take down Kenton and the black market. Orleana looked at me wondering how SummerAnd Nicky was doing.

"I Just heard from Nicky before she told me that curator from Uffizi is on the Sandino family payroll and that your cover was blown meaning you have a mole inside the CIA,"

"That's not good she'll have to be careful whoever the mole is he or she must be on Kenton payroll,"

"Yes but there only two people who knew about our team Director Hamilton and President Roberts but I don't think

It's then it could anyone from the National Security Advisor to the Deputy Director of Operations," I told her.

We were a couple of cars behind Kayleigh shadowing so we didn't get burnt. I Knew about all been burned. When I was stationed in Oslo Norway me and my Norwegian asset were following a Russian GRU officer to the Russian embassy before I knew he spotted us And my operational assignments were aborted. Trust me when you burned it's not good I remember my station chiefs words to me.

"Goddammit, Lex you're a seasonal veteran clandestine operations officer how the hell did you not know you were been followed too. This will set back the entire op we have going on Russian Intelligence,"

We pulled up a couple of blocks away from the city gate as we saw Kayleigh drive up to the Triton fountain now all we had to was wait and see what happened. I had a bad feeling about this and knew something goes wrong but wasn't sure. 

"Orleana Summer is in trouble. She needs your help. She's at her safe house in St.Petersburg," I stated.

"Lex is she okay what happened," Orleana asked me, looking worried but still remaining cool and calm.

Mogilevich set her to kill for a senator on domestic soil. You and me know that she never uses a knife to kill her targets, always a sniper rifle," I remarked.

"Okay what do you need me, Lex," Orleana asked.

"Go to St.Petersburgs and help her take out Mogilevich and this lawyer Susan Hart. I can handle Kenton myself. Maybe even recruit Leslie to help," I told her.

"Are you sure Lex Kenton is dangerous," Olrean asked.

"Yes Orlean don't worry, take the Defender to the Airport," I told her

"Okay I go right away be careful lex," Orleana remarked.

I stepped out of our Defender as Orleana moved over to the driver side and closed the door. She backed up and drove out of Valletta heading down the Costal highway toward Malta International Airport.

Olreana was much like her father not, going to give up until the op was done. I admired that in her. I wasn't going leave to summer we each made a promise to each other that when one of us in was trouble we wouldn't leave we go there and help Them. That was what made us a deadly team not to mess with. PlusOnce Summer and her got together they would be unstoppable as a force.

Orleana pulled into the parking lot outside of the Malta International Airport, stepping out closing the door behind her. She sprinted across the street to and through the security gate. She ventured over to the private hangar where

The CIA Gulfstream was waiting. Strolling in then dashed the

Up the steps and boarded the private plan. Orleana ventured

Over to her seat and sat down.

The Gulfstream roared out of the hangar down the runway as it sped into the sky over Malt. Orleana took out her earbuds and placed them in her ears and she strolled up to her playlist on her iPhone X and clicked on it.

"