Chapter 40: There aren't enough, some spies have to invent them

Washington, Dc

Special Agent Paul Arthur and Bruce Trueman drove down the street in Georgetown in their red Honda Civic on their way to Senator Shane Howard mansion. They turned down the corners and pulled up along the sidewalk outside of the mansion.

They stepped out walking along the fence to the back door. They froze when they saw the dead security guards. Three minutes later four GMC pulled up quickly parking behind the red Honda Civic.

Five or six agents stepped out as they surveyed the surroundings before they opened the Section chief Conrad Clayton. He climbed wearing an elegant blue dress shirt in an impeachable black suit.

He followed his team of agents to the back door of the mansion as he looked around at the scene studying it closely. The CIA agents stood outside watching and guarding. He was surprised to see that the FBI was already on the scene.

"Special Agent Arthur what are you doing this is CIA matter that we handle," Section Chief Conrad Clayton stated.

"It's also an FBI Investigation plus it's on domestic soil so it makes our Turk," Special agent Arthur told him.

A few seconds later a brown BMW pulled out as some agents from Homeland Security got out closed their doors walking over to the back door where they greeted by The CIA agents.

Section chief Conrad Clayton strolled around looking at angles of what happened. He noted that the two security guards had been shot then looked over at the senator and the knife laying on the floor with blood on it.

"I want that Knife for fingerprints asp I got," Section chief Clayton, told Special agent Arthur

"Don't worry we run the knife for fingerprints," Special agent Arthur replied.

One of the CIA agents walked in strolling over to Section chief Clayton handing his Ipad as a file flashed onto the screen. He grabbed it looking at it closely. He couldn't believe his own eyes what he was seeing. No, he thought it can't be Summer Anton.

"Special Agent Arthur we're taking over the investigation," Section chief Clayton told him.

Top secret

Name: Summer Anton

Age:30

Operational status: assassin and spy for the Alpha team

Background: As an orphan she had sold secrets to the highest bidder after that she had recruited by the CIA and was trained at Camp Perry.

He noted the rest was redacted on it. There were only two people who can redact the rest of the file he knew who they were Director Hamilton and President Roberts.

Central Intelligence Agency Headquarters

Laurette pov

Director Hamilton rose up from her desk on the eleventh floor as alert came across her computer screen from section chief Clayton. She quickly glanced at and though shit how hell was going to break lose now. This wasn't good at all. Especially for the Alpha team that she had created.

The Intel flashed onto the screen she froze

Classified

CIA assassin and agent Summer Anton assassinated Senator Shane Howard on domestic soil. Killing two of Aegis security guards at the mansion. There will be reputations for this. Needs to be brought to be interrogated and questions.

The FBI believes that she has gone rogue for a reason or maybe even betrayed her own country. Actions should be carried out to disbanded the Alpha team.

Section chief Clayton

Director Hamilton paced and back forth trying to figure out what to do. The only thing that she could do was disavow any Knowledge of Summer Anton ever working for them. It was a bold move but one she knew that it had to be done. Only hoping that not every intelligence service in the world wouldn't go after her.

Lex would come through her she knew he had before when they stopped the assassination of President Roberts in Berlin. They had worked together. Clayton had been out for blood for when she had created the deep black program. Yes it was illegal but had it be done.

Laurette walked over to the window looking out over the Potomac river god help she thought she could her President Roberts words to her.

" You're telling me that Summer killed a senator on our soil here and now you're discovering knowledge of her whereabouts"