Chapter 26:The search for the chapel

Malta, Valletta

Song Whispers in the Dark by Skillet

Leslie  pov

They Ventured over to the front door of the safe house as the Raptor grabbed it and opened it. They walked down the sidewalk to the driveway walking over to Mazda 3 Sport. The Raptor unlocked the door as they climbed in closing the door behind them. How was she supposed to be important to the Knight of Malta?

Driving down the streets on their way to the city The Raptor was starting to really about who this Victor Kenton was and how powerful he was. All that he knew was that the Sandino family and the Bratva were working for him. So yes he was furious he hand never killed any of his paymaster hitmen or assassins. Fuck he thought he should have stayed out of this whatever this was about.

It was too late now she was his cleaner he would kill just to protect her either if it meant that his paymaster coming after them. He slowly glanced seeing if there was anyone following then. He noted a jeep and a couple of cars behind them. Obisolvey it had to be one of the Knights from Victor.

Things were about to get interesting now. And why did Victor Kenton want this chapel for anyway? They drove up and parked beside the Triton Fountain. They stepped out the Raptor withdrew his suppressed Glock 21 from his shoulder holster.

They discreedly made their way through the looking around for the chapel that was supposed to important. The jeep slowly parked three blocks away as the assassins climbed carrying MP7 submachines in their grips.

"Since when do Knights carry MP7 Leslie?" The Raptor iniquired.

"From what I know they just carried a sword, but after the attack on St Fort Angelo by one of the Knights of Hospitallers" Leslie, remarked.

They walked down the cobblestone street passing through a crowd of people slowly sauntering along. How were they suppose to this St Leslie Chapel that was written in the letter? What were they suppose to find in there? The Raptor walked over to a couple.

"Excuse me madam and sire can you help us find this chapel called St Leslie chapel?" The Raptor asked.

The old ma nodded saying" Just  over there"

"Thank you," Leslie stated.

They walked up old Mint street passing by St John Co-cathedral, GrandMaster Palace courtyard and St George's Square until they spotted the wayward chapel. It looked like that all anbandon and that no one was allowed to see. Leslie was startled by it? Here they were standing in front of it.

The assassins walked through the city gate making their way up to the cobblestone street with MP7 leveled in their hands. The Raptor pivoted bringing up his Glock and fired a shot at one of the assassins. The assassin pulled the trigger on the MP7 firing some rounds back at them. The assassin moved quickly over to Leslie.

"Don't try to be a hero if you do she's gets a bullet in the bullet you should have listened to Mr.Kenton and stayed out of this," The assassin, demanded.

"Fuck you" The Raptor snarled.

The Knight watched the action unfold at the church of St Leslie. from the Upper Barrakka Gardens seeing the assassins approach Leslie and the Raptor. He knew she was getting close to finding what was in the chapel, his only worry was the assassins that Victor Kenton had dispatched. He should have known that he was going to do that. He had faith in her after all she had this come this far finding the letter at St Fort Angelo.

Leslie saw that the doors were sealed off for some reason glancing across to the Upper Barrakka Gardens trying to figure if there was a connection and thought she saw someone up there? If so who was it? All she had was the name written on the letter and now this church. Great she thought what suppose to do?