Chapter 31:Live to rise

Washington, DC

Summer's Pov

Summer took the escalator down in the Ronald Reagan International Airport after she cleared sh through Customs. Her instincts were on high alert and sharp. She walked over to the rental car counter as the clerk looked and saw her.

"What I can do for Miss," The clerk asked

"I would like to rent of your SUV please," Summer remarked

The store clerk reached behind the counter grabbing one of the keys for SUV and handed it over to her. Summer nodded walking out of The Airport. She ventured over to the rental parking where a blue SUV was parked.

She unlocked the door climbing in and then closed the door. Driving out she looked out the window thinking how she was going to penetrate the senator mansion and get by his security guard. She drove through the streets in the city on her way to Georgetown where the Senator mansion was.

She pulled up alongside the mansion a couple block away. She stepped out closing the door behind her. She sauntered down the sidewalk on her way to mansion. She didn't know how far she could trust this Susan Hart? But if it came to that she would kill if she had to.

She walked over to where Susan Hart was waiting in her vehicle. Susan climbed out of the car closing the door. Summer could tell that she was carrying Sig Saucer probably

With a silencer attached it. Summer observed the Aegis security guards armed looked around for maybe a back door in case she had to make quick an escape.

"Mogilevich mention to me that you were the best so prove," Susan, remarked.

"I am the best and don't you forgot that Susan if you try double cross I go after you and kill you," Summer snapped

"You were the best at one time Summer but I have yet to see that"

Summer, quickly made over to the fence making her way along it along to the back door of the mansion. It was locked. That was nothing new so she reached into her pocket and pulled out her lock pit kit. She removed the lock pit turning the lock as the doorknob turned and the door opened. She figured that the Senator would probably have a really good security system so she would have to figure out to deactivate it.

She ventured quietly seeing where the knife was in the kitchen, grabbed it and made her to the desk where Senator

Shane Howard was sitting. She moved quickly over to the wall pressed hard against it. Her breathing slowed everything into focus. She grabbed the knife and moved fast and quietly over to the senator and slit his throat.

She dropped the knife seeing the two Aegis security guards rushed in pulling out their Smith & Wesson .357 magnum. She reached into her shoulder holster and withdrew her suppressed Glock firing two shot at them.

The security guard fired shots at her while they rushed toward her. Summer pivoted dropping her suppressed Glock delivering an elbow strike knocking out of the guars. Had the lady from Aegis Security and Investigation sold her out? Or was this part of Mogilevich plan she didn't know. She quickly picked her Glock and squeezed the trigger firing a round into the other security guard.

She quickly exited out of the two-story mansion looking around for Susan Hart. She was nowhere to be found. Since she was part of the Alpha team that unofficially didn't exist she had

to get the safe house that they had here. She remembered she left her earpiece back in St Petersburg in her car there. Shit she thought this was not good.

Knowing that once the FBI found the knife with her blood on they would search and want to question her why she had killed the senator for? She walked up the sidewalk to the SUV that was parked a couple blocks away. She noted the door to it was ajar and that there was an airline ticket laying on the seat. Did this mean she was back working for Mogilevich as an assassin? And what where the lady from Aegis go or disappear.