Chapter 32: There maybe traitors and lairs we call them assets

Flashback a couple years ago

White House, Washington DC

President Roberts pov

As the Press secretary walked up the podium in the white house briefing room to announce that President Roberts was going to be answering questions about what happened in Afghanistan the reporters started to shout questions at her.

President Roberts strolled up to the podium and the reporters quieted it down. She looked around at the reporters with serious faces on. This wasn't going easy she knew, They wanted answers that she wasn't prepared to give yet.

One of the reporters asked"Madame President I want to know why a private out or as you call them a Private Military contractors was in Afghanistan fighting terrorist instead of our own special forces"

President Roberts said"You have understand that this was a better option for us the Lester of two evils"

The reporter said"So you're saying that a Russian private outfit fought terrorist for you in Afghanistan isn't this outfit owned and run by a Russian agent named Ally Ruyan who contributed to you winning this election Madame President"

President Roberts said"I have no idea what are you're talking about, and never heard of her before"

Another reporter asked"So you're saying that you never met this Ally Ruyan at private fundraiser dinner at the mansion of a Thomas Murdock"

President Roberts hesitated before he spoke not sure to what how to this reporter know what that"I was invited too many fundraisers dinners but never met this Thomas Murdock or Ally Ruyan"

The from Reporter CNN said"But it is true that she contributed to your campagne with thirty billion dollars isn't that right Madame President"

President Roberts said"I have many supporters that contributed to my campagne Steve"

The CNN Reporter said"Where Your aware that Thomas Murdock was a private defense contractor with connections to the Kremlin and to the White Nights"

President Roberts said"Steve No I wasn't aware of that"

The CNN reporter said"But you went to the dinner party posted by Thomas Murdock"

President Roberts said"yes but never met him"

The CNN reporter said are you aware that this private outfit that had money funneled from your campagne Madame President"

President Roberts said"I have no knowledge of that Steve, that's all the time I have for questions, for now, thank you"

She marched off the stage back into the West Wing furious and pissed. The intel that she had gotten from Director Hamilton didn't suggest that the consortium was a front for a Russian

outfit and that it was owned by a Russian agent. She ventured into the Oval office walking over to the Resolute desk and sat down in the chair behind.

The National security Advisor strolled and said"We got a problem Madame President turn on the news this Thomas Murdock and Ally Ruyan are talking'

President Roberts grabbed the remote and clicked on the television as the news flashed onto the screen. Shit she thought. She didn't need this now, not with everything going on.

CNN late-breaking new flashed across the screen as Wolf Blitzer said"Right now we are going to a live press conference where Thomas Murdock and Miss Ruyan are giving a statement"

Thomas Murdock said"We no idea that she was going to funneling money to freedom fighters in Afghanistan using our private outfit to fight her own dirty wars"

Ally Ruyan said"Yes I am private contractor but I'm no Russian agent I think you should be looking into President Robert campagne fund"

President Roberts slammed the remote turning off the television They had set up to take the fall for everything. She had strange that chief of the CIA Tyler Quinn was behind this. But would he gain from it that was the question?

Present 

President Robert walked back over to Resolute desk, sat down in the chair behind it looking at the encrypted disc. She picked up the disc and slip into the hard drive of her computer. Knowing that it was encrypted she would need the help of hackers or someone from the NSA to do it. She wasn't going to let the past come and bit her.

"Get me one of the hackers from the NSA or someone I want this unencrypted now," Stated President Roberts.

The National security Advisor nodded before saying" Nicky is op right now trying to find more about the black market for us"

" Then get someone else from NSA I have to know what's on this disc," President Roberts demanded

The National security Advisor rushed out of the Oval office trying to think who he could get from the NSA. He had never seen President Roberts like this before but knew it must be something urgent. He sprinted down the West Wing and then went

down the staircase into the basement where the Situation room was.

He strolled over to the door grabbing the door he walked in closing the door behind him. Strolling over to the conference table where the satellite phone he wondered what was on this disc that got President Robert wanted to see. He made his way over to one of the chairs at the conference table and picked up the satellite phone and punched in the number for the Director of NSA.

Director of NSA Stan Steward grabbed the phone on his desk in his office on the fourth floor of the National Security Agency headquarters.

"President Roberts needs one of your hackers or experts to unencrypt a disc that Ruyan gave her," The National security Adviser, stated

"I can send one of our experts to the White House to do unencrypt that disc while our best is away on an op," Director of NSA Stan Steward remarked

"Great!" The National security Advisor exclaimed

The National security Advisor ended the call on the satellite phone and placed back on the conference rose up from where he was sitting. He walked out of the Situation making his way up the stairs and into the West Wing. He strolled the West Wing to the Oval office and entered.

"Madame President The NSA is sending one of their experts to unencrypt the disc for us"

"Good as soon we learn and know what's on this disc then we can decide what do you about Ruyan"

Five minutes later one of the NSA experts pulled up in front of the Executive Branch and Parked. After that he was led by the secret service agents to the back door of the Oval office and entered.

President Roberts nodded at the secret service agents and that it was okay. She rose up from the Resolute desk and motioned for the expert to come and sit. The Cyber expert walked over to the desk and sat down behind it. In a few hours he had unencrypted the disc as the intel flash on the screen.

"Madame President you better take a look at this you're not going to like it"

The cyber expert got up from where he was sitting behind the Resolute desk as President Roberts walked and sat down behind the desk. Shit she thought as she froze looking at the intel on the screen.

Classified

Operation: Phantom was a disastrous killing five American private military contractors in ambush and the Terrorist was wiped out in the brutal shoot out.

Campaign funds: Thirty billion dollars was contributed Ally Ruyan and the White Nights to fund their covert operation in

Afghanistan that helped President Roberts win the election.

Authorized: Senator Roberts at the time use the White Nights as her own private secret army.