Chapter 17: One Rough lady

Flashback a couple years ago

Washington, DC

Song What I done by Linkin Park

It was a test they had told her when she had been recruited to work for Aegis Security and Investigation she had left Russia to move here to work as a cleaner for any clients that would hire her. The woman was a lawyer from Aegis who had contracted her work for a job.

Leslie strolled down the sidewalk to the Second Story Books and antiques that were used bookstore. She loved everything she could. But this time she was meeting her contact here from Aegis. All that she knew was about the job. That her target her was a senator who had been investigating a certain CIA Director.

She walked in through the front doors of the bookstore, as she looked over to a bookshelf looking at books on the Medieval era that fascinated her for some reason. She didn't know why? Just then a silver Volva drove up to the curb outside the bookstore. Susan Hart stepped out closing the door behind, walking over to the front door of the bookstore and entered.

After several minutes Leslie had noticed the lady was coming toward her with Ipad in her hand. She couldn't tell if she was carrying a weapon or not. She had her Colt 1911 tucked her jacket that she had on.

Susan said" Leslie Alexis I'm Susan Hart from Aegis Security and Investigation we like would to contract you for a job, have you ever heard of the Red team"

Leslie said"No I haven't what does that have to do with me"

Susan said"They test vulnerabilities of everything from military bases to submarine bases to current and former Presidents to powerful clients, The reason you want to contract  for you is because of the Raptor and we want to plan the assassination of how he would do it so the CIA would stop him from doing it" 

Leslie said..I'm Just a cleaner I clean up after the assassin that's all I don't anything about planning an assassination"

Susan typed in her password on her Ipad and clicked on the file name Eagle strike. She clicked on the file as it flashed onto the screen.

Classified

Operational status: Hugh Lydon and Leslie Alexis

Occupation: assassin and cleaner

Location: Iran

Back they were part of kill team on Seal team six that were supposed to kill the Iranian agents the operation had been compromised because the cleaner was there in time to clean up after him.

Recommendations: do have them killed after they know too much about the op.

Susan said"IF you work for us this file will never see the file the light of day, all I asking is for you to plan an assassination so we can figure out how to stop that its and then you start working for the CIA"

Leslie thought about it for a moment working for this Aegis and the CIA could be a start of a new life for her, but then she had failed the Raptor when she didn't show up in Iran. So what she was doing.

Leslie said"Okay I do it when I do start planning this suppose assassination that you wan to figure out stop"

Susan said"Right away come with me and I give the details of the private property that we want to penetrate Okay" 

Leslie nodded understanding and walked with Susan as she opened the passenger door on the other side of Volvo. She climbed in and closed the door. Susan ventured over to

the driver's side and got in closing her as they drove off.

She wondered if this Aegis Security and Investigation was somehow connected to the CIA.

They drove into Georgetown to a massive in with security gate outside. They parked a couple block away as Leslie stepped out looking back at Susan Hart wondering if she was doing the right thing. What the hell she thought.She ventured over to the fence and pressed her back against the brick wall that was the base of the fence.

She studied the six-story bedroom mansion. She figured the would-be killer could go in through the back door and use a Knife to kill the Senator more than a gun. As far as security was concern she didn't see any. So that was not worry to the assassin.

She made her way over to the back door she froze her nerve uneasy her instinct her telling her was something was wrong. The back door was ajar. She should go in and continue? What if this was set up to frame for something. She slowly stepped in and saw the dead senator laying on the ground, she looked all that she could see was that knife was still on the kitchen counter.

The security system was deactivated that was strange. She knew the guard worked for Aegis. Nothing was making sense. Leslie turned around as someone knocked out from behind. When she woke up she saw Susan talking to a man in a leather jacket and cap. The Raptor she thought.

Something wasn't right she though. What kind of test was this anyway? Was the Raptor working for Aegis too for some client who hired them to set her up?

Susan walked over to Leslie with the Raptor and said: "Don't worry about the senator you didn't kill him but passed the test you will start working for us and the CIA, we had to see if you figure out vulnerabilities of the senator which you did." 

Leslie said"You were going to frame for killing the senator"

The Raptor laughed and then said"No Leslie I killed before because one of the Aegis clients contracted me to, I wanted to see if you had what takes to work for me again and you do"

Three weeks later

She was on way to the CIA headquarters to see the chief of the CIA Tyler Quinn along with the Raptor. She had no idea what her future would be. Only knowing that she was now contracted to Aegis and Tyler Quinn as a cleaner.

They drove into the underground parking garage and took the private elevator up to the seventh floor where the director of the CIA was. They ventured down the corridor into the office where she saw the Director of Intelligence Laurette Hamilton standing beside the desk.

The chief of the CIA Tyler Quinn just sat in his chair at his desk looking at them and then said"Welcome to the CIA Leslie"

Laurette walked over to Leslie saying"I need to talk you in private not here Okay"

Leslie said"Okay I will do that after"

Quinn said"You will be working with the Raptor on his next target he's a threat to national security that's all you need to know.

Leslie said"Okay I understand" then she walked out of the office as Laurette walked up to and walked over to another room and closed the door.

She said"You're really working for me not Quinn I know he had ordered the Raptor to terminate the senator. I need someone on the inside I can trust that's why I had Susan Hart from Aegis meet with you and do the test"