Chapter 48: The cleaner and spy

Malta

Leslie pov

Leslie walked across the terminal in the Malta International Airport quickly blending into a crowd of people sauntering over to the escalator. In way she happy that she didn't have to worry about being the GrandMaster of the Knights of Malta.

She knew she had made the right decision after all, it was about the letter and the map. Although her father had been  Knight she was just a cleaner.

Noticing the lineup to the customs booth, was a little long then usual oh she thought she was in hurry. All that mattered to her now was finding out who had eliminated the Raptor, and then helping the CIA bring down Kenton and his black market. After a while she made her way over to the customs booth, the customs officer gestured to her to hand over her passport. She so did.

The customs officer flipped opened the passport, looking at her, and then at screen on the computer. Everything look okayso he handed her back the passport,Leslie grabbed it walking into the main part of the Airport that was lined with gift shops and restaurants along the way to the car rental counter.

The rental clerk was busy helping costumers, find the keys to the vehicles they wanted to tend to. The line began as people started to walk up to the customs booth. She never understood what her father did for the Order until GrandMaster Milano had explained it her.

She ventured over to the rental counter, as the clerk finished helping customers find the keys; then he looked up and saw her, and nodded at her. Leslie wanted to get back in the cleaning business as soon as possible; plus she was sure that any assassin would want to hire her a cleaner after she worked for the Raptor.

"How I can help you Miss?" the clerk asked.

"Yes you can I would like to rent of your vehicles?" Leslie remarked.

"What kind of vehicle would you like Miss?"The clerk questioned.

"Ford Edge," Leslie said.

The clerk walked over to a door that lead into back where the rack of keys was. He grabbed the doorknob, turning it as he opened it walking into grabbing one of the keys from the rack, strolling back out to the counter. He handed the keys over to her. Leslie grabbed it rushing out the through the front doors of the Airport, and ventured over into the rental parking lot where the black Ford Edge was parked.

She inserted the key, as she unlocked the door, climbing in on the driver side of the vehicle, and closed the door behind her. Backing out of the parking lot,glancing back into the rearview window she drove out heading onto the road, and then onto the coastal highway.

Knowing enough about the black market, and how it operated she knew enough how dangerous it was and what could happen which made worry that Kenton might have stepped up securityfor it this time. Leslie drove down the streets passing by buildings, and stores before turning into a neighbourhood. She looked out the window seeing that there was anyone walking around.

Leslie turned corner, as she drove down a couple of blocks looking for the safe house, she had no idea where it was; so she did next best thing, she reached into her pocket pulling out her burner,and entered a ten digit number for Director Hamilton.

Director Hamilton picked up the phone on her desk before she spoke,looking at the screen she saw that it was unknown number it to be Leslie, she wondered if she was back in Malta. She  was getting pressure from President Roberts to bring down the black market.

"Madame Director I need to know where their safe house?" Leslie asked.

"Leslie, the Safe house should be done the street around the corner," Director Hamilton stated.