Chapter 12

Cameron Santiago POV

I'm on my flight over to Orlando, Florida. Ali and Ash were in California when my spring break started so Ash booked us all tickets for the same flight over. I don't know how but Ash and Ali convinced me to stay with them for a few days. I tried my best to avoid the situation, but they wouldn't drop it thinking it was a terrific idea. Ash told me not to worry about a single thing, but I feel bad. She is paying for everything and that doesn't settle well with me.

"So how does it feel finally seeing Ash again?" Ali says trying to spark a conversation. I was sat in the middle of the two. Ali was sitting on the aisle seat while Ash was knocked out on the window seat.

"There are no words to express the feelings. Do you ever have a feeling when you know you're going to be okay and protected?" Ali nods, "Well that's how I feel whenever she enters a room."

"You know she talked so highly of you and kept trying to find after you were supposed to be released from the facility. You saved her life. She never forgot about you. She never told me details, but from what she has told me you broke through to her enough for her to be okay. I can't ever thank you enough."

"Well she helped me get through my treatment too so I think we both saved each other."

"You pushed each other through a rough dark time. So I think so too."

"How was the wedding?" I ask knowing it probably was unforgettable.

"Sensational. It was simple and elegant, but also a combination of the both of us. It was small and intimate. Overall just perfect." She smiles remembering the good memories.

"You guys are perfect for each. The way you at each other and the spark in your eyes just show the love you have for one another. I'm so happy you guys found each." I compliment their relationship.

"That means a lot, Cam. Thank you."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We arrived at the Krashlyn household. Their beautiful home in Florida. It's a one level house but the way the house was built, it's full of open space. There are multiple large rooms. Ash led me to the guest bedroom and it had its own bathroom! Right now, we are all just relaxing on the couches waiting for the take out. We were watching some new Netflix movie. I was too distracted by Logan and Alaska. They are the cutest dogs!

After the food came, we ate and took an afternoon nap. We were all slumped. Ash and Ali are amazing to be with. They are cool with everything and we are just taking things as they come.

"Ash, do you mind if I take Logan for a walk?" I ask after we all wake up.

"Of course! Do you want company?"

"No, I think I'll be okay. Thanks though."

"Alright, here's her harness and leash. Here's a poop bag too." She says giving me all the supplies I need. I put everything on her and we are off.

It's a little after six o'clock and the weather outside is beautiful. I let Logan lead the walk, but I stay aware of where I am going. Twenty minutes into the walk, I am led to the park. I see a couple pushing their child on the swing. The sight brings a smile on my face. This world brings so much pain, but to see people with love and sharing love brings me joy. A beautiful sight. I soon see a dog park a few yards away and decide to let Logan play in there a little. We get inside, I take off her leash, and decide to throw around the ball playing catch with her.
"Cameron?" I hear my name being called.

"Ahahaha Abigail! No way." I see one of my old foster sibling outside the gate. She was with me in a home about five years ago. Her and Jason, my other foster sibling at the time, were placed together for a little over a year.

"What are you doing in Florida? I thought you moved out to California." She says now entering the gate and making her way towards me.

"It's spring break so I was convinced to make a trip back." I reply as she sits next to me.

"You are looking good. I saw you playing for the national team! That's dope, Cam."

"Yeah things are going well. How are things with you?" I say wanting to know.

"I've finally been placed in a not so shitty foster home, but it's only a matter of time before I age out." She says taking out a joint and lighting it up.

"Have you been in contact with Jason?" Switching around so much I lost contact with him quickly. He was the oldest in the house and would protect me and Abigail. Even though he was only a month older than me he treated me like a little sister. We both ended up becoming parental figures to Abigail who was twelve at the time. We looked out for her so the system didn't ruin all of her innocence.

"Something happened." She says giving me a sad look. "He passed away a few days ago. Overdose."

"No." Is the only word I can formulate.

"His funeral is tomorrow. Give me your phone number and I'll text you the details for it," She says and I give it to her as she types away.

"How long was he using for?"

"When we all got split apart, I talked to him every now and then. He always wanted to make sure I was good, but then I saw what he was doing. It broke my heart. He said it helped him though." I see why he would say that.

"Damn. What the fuck!" I exclaim.

"Want a hit to take the edge off?" She says passing me the joint.

"I can't," I say pushing it back to her. "I've been drug free for three years."

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Cam! I didn't mean to-" She rambles.

"It's okay, no worries." I say cutting her off. And then I am cut off by my phone ringing.

"You get lost or something?" Ash says at the end of the line.

"No, I am at the park. I'll be back in thirty minutes." I reply.

"Okay, be safe. Bye"

"Bye." With that I hung up my phone and turned to Abigail.

"You have to head back don't you?" Her eyes sadden.

"Yeah, they worry about me. But don't worry we have each other's numbers. We'll keep in touch. If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out." I open my arms to hug her.

"I will," She embraces me. "Goodbye. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'm going to try my best to go." She nods and takes off.

"Logan, let's go." She comes and I put on the leash. We make our way back to the house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guys this story is about to be full of drama. The snowball of drama is just building up. I hope you like it. I've written a lot so be prepared over the next few weeks. Anyways, hope you enjoyed! And if there's anything you want to see happen in the story let me know. I'm open to suggestions.
Lots of love,
~AK