Chapter 51

Cameron Santiago POV

"I got a call today." I'm in the kitchen talking to Ashlyn and Ali back in Florida. "Orlando Pride offered me a contract."

"That's so good! I'm so happy for you." Ali wraps her arms around me.

"Are you going to accept it?" Ash questions.

"I don't think so. I want to finish college. It wouldn't be just for me I would be finishing for but my family. I just want to make them proud."

"I think they'll be proud no matter what you choose. From what you said about them, they are very supportive of what you want to do." Ali rubs my back.

"I'm almost done with my degree and I have to take an exam if I want to apply for law school. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be playing soccer for."

"Don't plan too much." Ash states. "Just let things happen and wherever you find yourself is where you should be at the time being."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just going to go with the flow." I agree. "For the summer, I am going to start studying for the LSAT when I'm not playing soccer."

"That's a good start." Ali says.

"Well you know that you always have soccer as I back up if you ever want to fall on it." Ash speaks from across the island.

"Big facts." They both shake their heads at my young lingo. "I'm gonna take Logan for a walk."

I end up taking Logan for an hour walk. It's our normal routine after having a meal. When I got back to the house, I heard Ali and Ash talking in the backyard. I was going to surprise them but I held back when I heard my name mentioned in the conversation.

"Ashlyn, I think it's time we adopt a baby." Ali says holding Ash's hand.

"Babe. We talked about this. Do you see how much money we've been spending with Cameron in the house? Just imagine that times five because a baby is much more expensive to take care of." Ash puts her hand on top of Ali's.

"We have the space and we can figure out something financially." Ali tries to make a plan.

"Did you not hear Cameron earlier, she wants to go to law school. That's expensive." They are having this disagreement because of me. If I hadn't reentered their lives they probably would have started a family. I'm halting them.

"We can figure it out, Ashlyn."

"It's a big added responsibility. We can't Ali, not with us taking care of Cameron." I shed tears as she says that. I'm a burden. "Don't you see how much attention and love she needs right now. Now's not the time to be adding a baby to the equation. It's too much just with Cameron. Plus she's been unstable and keeps bringing danger."

Ashlyn is right. Since I have arrived they paid for my hospital bills, meals, water bills, the roof over my head. I only bring a black cloud around. I never have been an angry person but something happened with all my close to death encounters. They gave me more than enough and all they want is a baby and I am stopping them. They want a baby because I am only temporary. My mind is running and I start to pack. I pack a backpack and duffle. I wrote a quick note and put in an envelope with cash I was saving up and left it on my bed.

Ali Krieger POV

Ash and I have been going back and forth on adopting a baby for quite sometime now. We don't even notice Logan is back from her walk about Cameron appears nowhere in sight. I figure she's in her room which usually is the case.

"Call Cameron to come and watch." Ash says. Ash decides to put on the series we have been watching altogether.

"Okay." I say and head to grab her. "Cam." I knock on the door, but I get no response. 

"Cameron?" I open her door and she's not in there. I look around and know she's not in the bathroom because the door was open when I passed it. I go and turn around to leave when I notice an envelope labeled ASH and ALI on her bed. Inside was a shit load of cash and a letter.

The letter read,
I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to enter your lives and flip it upside down. I know you guys want a baby and I'm just in the way of that. You don't have to worry about me anymore, I can take care of myself. Thank you for everything you both have done. You have been too gracious with your love towards me. In the envelope is cash. I hope it's enough to pay you guys back. There's more under the bed, a lot more. Best of luck with everything.
See you soon.
Cameron

"Guys come on, we left on a cliffhanger, wait where's Cameron?" Ash walks into the room.

"She ran away." I am in shock and hand the letter over to Ash.