Chapter 38

Cameron Santiago POV

"What are you getting ready for?" Kelley asks as I dress up in our room.

"I'm going out with Adam tonight." I tell her.

"You guys have been talking?" She says slightly disappointed.

"Yeah. He texted me after our game about a few days ago. We just hit it off." Adam has been the perfect person in my life. He gets to know me for me. We text and facetime everyday. Our schedules finally lined up so he asked me out and of course I said yes.

"Oh that's cool. Do Ali and Ash know?"

"I haven't quite told them yet."

"Why not? They'd probably like to know." She tries to figure out why I haven't told them.

"I just don't want to add another thing to their plate. Things have been going so well. They are finally happy and things are back to the way they used to be. I'll tell them when the time is right." I say being honest.

"I won't tell them as long as you give me details and keep me updated." She tries to compromise with me.

"Deal." We shake on it.

"So where is he taking you to?"

"He said it's a surprise but to dress up casually. You think this is good?" I turn around and show her my outfit. I have a pair of black leggings with a black t-shirt and a vintage yellow windbreaker. To top it off I put hoop earrings and had my hair in a high ponytail.

"Mhmm. You look good." She winks at me.

"Stop, you're making me blush." I chuckle at her blushing a little.

Kelley O'Hara POV

"Hey how'd it go?" I ask Cameron as she walks back through the hotel door a little past midnight.

"It was really fun!" She replies with a very hoarse voice.

"You okay, you sound off?" I ask, concerned for my teammate.

"Oh yea, he took me to watch a screamo band since I told him I've never been and I got carried away." She explains her story. I just let it go.

"Oh so he took you to see a band? What else did you guys do?" I want more details.

"He took me to a sushi restaurant which was really good. We have to try it sometime. And then we went to the concert. He then drove me back here and we had a deep car conversation." She quickly condenses her night.

"Sounds like you had a good time." I tell her.

"I did. I'm going to go to the bathroom and then head to bed. Do you need anything?" She asks me.

"No, I'm all set for the night." I tell her and she acknowledges my statement. I notice she takes her clothes to the bathroom and changes in there. That's weird. She usually just changes her luggage. Maybe she didn't want to disturb me. She then heads to bed with a turtleneck and shorts. That's when I question her actions out loud.

"You're not going to be hot?" I ask her and I feel hesitant.

"I feel a little bit under the weather, so I think not." She tells me that and I immediately go into protective mode.

"Wait since when? You were fine when you left in the evening. Do you want me to get you anything?" I sit up in bed.

"Shh, Kelley stop fussing. Hopefully I can sleep it off. I have another date tomorrow morning. I don't plan on missing it."

"Oh, okay sis. Get as much sleep as you need." I tell her.

We sleep the night all the way through and I hear Cameron getting up and heading to the bathroom. When she's done she comes out fully dressed for her date. She's in a short sleeves white t-shirt and black ripped jeans. She also has a black knitted scarf on which throws the whole outfit off.

"The scarf doesn't work with the outfit." I bluntly say.

"Why thank you O'Hara, I didn't know I asked for your opinion." She sarcastically says.

"Hey I'm just stating the truth."

"I'm joking but yeah I know it looks off, and it's hot out, but I still feel off." She tells me.

"Then rain check the date. I'm sure Adam will understand." I try to convince her. "Sleep will probably help."

"We have reservations. It's okay. If I feel worse I'll come right back here." She reassures me.

"Okay, but you need to make sure your health is okay. We got a big game in two days." I remind her.

"I know. I'll be extra aware of my health."

She soon leaves and I'm left with my thoughts. I replay the past 12 hours and things don't seem to be adding up. Cameron seems to be hiding something and I can't figure it out.