Chapter 49

Ashlyn Harris POV

If Cameron didn't punch Kelley after that comment, I was definitely going to give her a piece of my mind. I don't even know what's happening, but it has gotten way out of hand really quickly. Apparently Kelley started something saying she has a problem with Cameron, whatever that means. Cameron wants to know why, but Kelley won't say which only frustrates Cameron. Once someone gets Cameron angry, there's no controlling her. She already shoved and punched Kelley.

Ali somehow managed to distract Cameron and talk her into walking away but not without a little nudge. I can see her fuming as Ali and Cam take a lap around the field and the trainers check Kelley out. I decide against walking up to her and giving her some words knowing I won't control myself either.

Now there's this tension in the air. I don't know what Vlatko is going to do with the team after this incident.

"FUCK YOU!" I hear Cameron shout in a voice full of emotion from across the field to Kelley. I see Ali trying her best to tell Cam to stop and keep walking. I decided to be re-enforcement and go help her out.

"Take some deep breaths." I tell Cameron as I jog to where they are. Cameron's face is red from rage. I don't think I have ever seen her in this state.

"She can go fuck herself." Cameron tells us.

Soon Coach ends training early and we all head to the bus. Ali and I thought Cam had calmed down enough to give her some space but we were mistaken when we entered the bus. As we walked onto the bus and sat in our seats, Cam got on. I saw the spark in her eyes as her eyes landed on Kelley sitting in the back. I quickly stand up and put myself in the middle of the aisle so she can't pass through.

"Sit." I simply say and point to an empty seat across from me and Ali.

"You should listen. You don't want to add anger management problems to the list of reasons why people leave you, do you?" Kelley's voice breaks through from behind.

"Shut the hell up, O'Hara." I tell her as she instigates Cameron.

"It's not my fault she has no self-control." She shouts back at me. I feel Cameron try to shove me out of the way to reach Kelley, but I do my best to hold still. This kid is strong as hell though.

"I just want to show her what no self-control actually looks like." She still tries to push me out of the way.

"Everyone stop!" Vlatko yells as he steps onto the bus. "I don't know what has gotten between the best dynamic duo on the team, but it ends now or you both aren't playing in our next game. I don't have a problem suspending players. If you have problems, keep them off the field and away from training. Take care of it on your own time. Don't waste the team's time because if you think we are going to ref your fights, you are mistaken."

As he takes his seat, I shove Cameron to the seat I tried to put her in earlier and push her into the window seat as I sit next to her in case she wants to try to get up and attack Kelley.

"You can't let her get to you." I put my hand on her leg to try to stop her leg from bouncing.

"I don't get why she all of a sudden has a problem with me." I don't know either.

"Just take some deep breaths. We are almost at the hotel anyway."

Once we reach the hotel we go our separate ways. I take a quick shower and soon spot someone I have been looking for in the hallway.

"Get in my room, O'Hara!" I sternly say. I see fear in her eyes. She knows she fucked up.

"Listen, I don't want to be lectured or yelled at by you or anyone else on the team right now." She walks in.

"Well you should've thought that before you started a fight with Cameron for no reason. Do you know as soon as we got back, Ali got a phone call from Sonnet saying Cam was having a panic attack. Your words and actions hurt her, so if that was your intention, good job."  I say and I see the hurt in her eyes.

"All I did was avoid and ignore her."

"Why?"

"I can't do it anymore, Ash. My feelings for her just keep intensifying and I can't show it. I figured it was best if I just left her. She's with Adam and I can't ruin it for her." Kelley tears up.

"She's your friend. You know that she doesn't trust people easily or let people in but you were one of the few she did. You just abandoned her. She just lost a person she trusted." I try to explain.

Kelley flops onto my bed. "I fucked up big time didn't I?"

"You sure did, O'Hara. By the way, if she didn't punch you, I was because your words were totally uncalled for. If you have a problem, don't bring up her past. That was a big low, even for you." I sit across from her on the other bed.

"You think she'll forgive me?"

"I have never seen her as angry as she was with you. I think eventually she'll forgive you but she'll never forget it." I truthfully say.

"Tell her the truth, Kelley. For your sake and her sake, you both deserve the truth."

Before she can reply, the hotel door unlocks and opens. Ali comes in holding Cameron who appears to have been crying. Her eyes are bloodshot and there's tear streaks on her cheeks. As soon as they spot Kelley, Ali speaks up.

"I'm sorry Cameron, I had no idea she would be in here." Ali tries to convince Cam that this was not planned.

"Cameron." Kelleys speaks up, "I'm so sorry-"

"No. You can't just apologize after putting me through whatever the hell this was. You can't choose to ignore someone and pretend nothing happened. Go to hell." Cameron says strongly.

"I know there is no excuse but-"

"But, nothing. You are right. There is no excuse so you can continue playing whatever game you're playing but our friendship is done." Cameron walks towards the door and as she's about to head out Kelley speaks the truth.

"I like you, Cameron. I like you more than a friend." Kelley gets up from the bed and walks towards her as Cam is frozen in her spot.

"What are you talking about?" Cam says confused.

"I've liked you since I laid eyes on you. Our friendship grew and so did my love for you. You being with Adam hurt and at first I thought I could handle you being in love with someone else but I guess I really couldn't. That's why I avoided you. I didn't want to ruin what you had." Kelley expresses everything she held back to Cam.

Cameron doesn't say anything. All she can do is stare at Kelley dumbfounded by the news.

"Say something, please." Kelley begs as Cameron just continues to stare. Cameron just shakes her head and walks out the door.