Chapter 54

Cameron Santiago POV

"Sonnet, pick up your shit." I say as I trip over her shoes in the middle of the room. We are roommates again for this camp. I love having her as a roommate when she actually picks up her things. We work well together.

"Okay, bossy." She retorts back.

"I'm being bossy because you are messy." I bicker back. It's a thing we do. It's a friendly bicker.

"I saved you from Kelley by the way." Now she lost me.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"She wanted to be your roommate. She tried to beg whoever she could to get to be your roommate. She even came up to me and asked to switch. I told her no even though she had convincing reasons to accept the offer." Sonnet tells me. "I figured you weren't ready to go back to being roommates."

"I'm not so thank you." I genuinely say. "I like you as my roommate. Tell anyone I said that and I'll deny it."

"Aww, Cam! I love you." She jumps onto my bed and hugs me.

"Ahahaha, I love you too and now get off. You are suffocating me, crackhead." I laugh and push her off.

"I'll take that as a compliment." She gets up. "Rose and Lindsey and I are going to get coffee, you want to join?"

"But it's seven at night?" Who drinks coffee this late.

"And your point is? Does someone have a bedtime?" She snickers.

"Shut up." I throw a pillow at her. "Let's go."

We meet up with the rest of the girls in the lobby and head to a cafe only a couple minutes away.  I was the only person who didn't order coffee. Knowing myself, if I had a cup, I wouldn't be able to sleep until the sun comes up. Rose and Emily have been trying to make a Tik Tok for over an hour. Lindsey and I just let them do their thing as we don't see the hype or reason for tik toking. When they finally finish filming whatever dance is trending now, Lindsey comes up with the idea to hit up a bar.

"Oh, I am so down!" Emily exclaims ready to go.

"I think that's my cue to head back to the hotel." I tell them.

"No, Cameron. You have to come." Rose grabs my arm and begs me.

"We won't stay long." Lindsey says as she sees the hesitant look on my face. "I promise."

"Fine. Fine. But I don't want to be taking care of anyones drunk ass tonight." I cave in.

"Yesss!" Sonnet comes and hugs me. We end up at a bar that looks familiar. As I look around I chuckle because it's the place I went to when I got drunk and Ashlyn and others came to pick me up from.

I look around and take in my environment. I head over to the bar when I notice a familiar brunette.

"I'll take club soda and lime." I tell the bartender as I take a seat.

"Cameron?" The woman turns to me as she hears my voice.

"Kelley." I say back.

"What are you doing here?" She says completely confused.

I point to the girls who begged me to join. "I was convinced."

"They are a pretty convincing bunch." She chuckles.

"So you're drinking alone tonight?" I say and sip my soda.

"Not anymore." She winks at me. I shake my head at her response, but end up smiling. "I miss you and that smile of yours. I'm sorry I fucked up our friendship"

"Shhh let's not go there tonight."

"I messed up big time. I haven't been the same since our talk. I've been a mess without you. I think about you all the time." She rambles drunk.

"Kelley, stop." I try to get her to stop rambling.

"I hurt you and I'll never forgive myself. I just want our friendship to go back to normal." My heart breaks at her confession.

"Me too, but Kelley, I told you I need time." I tell her. "I truly care for you, but if you care for me, you'll let me go at my own pace. Nothing should be forced."

"I'm so stupid." She says as she lays her head on her arms on the edge of the bar.

"No, you are not. You made a mistake." I put my hand on her head and stroke her hair. She picks up her head and looks at me.

Kelley better not. I watch as her eyes find my lips. No, no I can't do this. Before I can get words out, Kelley has her lips on mine. I close my eyes as I'm not sure what else to do.

"Holy shit."

"Is that Kelron?"

"Eww, Kelron? O'Cam."

I hear people say across the bar. I recognize the voices of my teammates. It pulls me from the kiss as I pull my face away.

"Kelley, I can't." I see the disappointment in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have." She looks guilty.

"And I'm the one with no self control?" I say under my breath. "Come on let's go back to the hotel so you can sleep things off."

I pay off her tab and mine. I grab her arms and guide her out, Emily, Lindsey, and Rose follow. I guess their night at the bar is over too.

"Don't mention the kiss to anyone." I tell the girls. "I swear if anyone finds out it won't be pretty."

They all nod their heads as we enter the hotel and make our ways to our rooms. I go and drop Kelley off at her room.

"Where's your key?" I ask her as we stand outside of her room.

"I forgot it." Of course just my luck. I knock on the door hoping Mal, her roommate is inside but no luck. "Mal isn't here. She went out with friends tonight."

"Come on." I take her to my room. I unlock the door and guide her to my bed. Sonnet gives me a look, but I ignore her.

"I'm so sorry, Cammy." Kelley says as she lays in bed. "Why do I keeping fucking things up with you?"

"Here, change into these before you sleep." I give her a t-shirt and shorts.

"Here you are still taking care of me while I'm a drunk mess." Well in her defense she's drunk because of me. As she finishes changing, she lays back down. "I'm sorry for kissing you. It wasn't my place."

"It wasn't. Now, shut up and sleep O'Hara." I put the blanket on top of her. She listens and closes her eyes.

"You can sleep next to me." Emily offers.

"I'm okay. I'm going to crash with Krashlyn tonight." I thank her for her offer but decline.

"Well the offer stands whenever." She says. I change my clothes and make my way to Krashlyn.