9

Pimpernel ignores the sounds of her door being opened. She refuses to acknowledge anyone right now. It may be childish, but hey, she didn't choose this life, hell she didn't even choose life.

She hears a hesitant shuffling step and that's what makes her look up. She inhales nearly involuntarily. The human before her is thin, and although well cleaned up, she walks like a withdrawing addict that is in desperate need of a fix. The thinness of the female would also indicate drug addiction.

Pimpernel snorts, wow, not only is that douche trying to make her drink blood, but now he's trying to get her high while doing it. Lovely.

Pimpernel only realizes her mistake when the human attacks her. The female is strong and manages to force Pimpernel's mouth to her throat.

Pimpernel in disgust throws the female off of her and stands up. The human comes back and does her best to force Pimpernel to drink from her. In the process her skin is cut and she starts bleeding. Instead of making Pimpernel hungry like it would most vampires, it immediately makes her sick. She falls to her knees once more and stomach starts heaving. When the female sees her down she comes back to attack once more.

Pimpernel in desperation does the only thing she can, she breaks the neck of the desperate human. Only then does she say anything. "Hey, assholes, tell that fucking piece of shit to stop sending people in here. I'm not going to eat. The smell of blood is only making me sick. The human is dead and she needs to be taken out of here. Any others that are sent in here will end up the same way if they attack me like she did."

Then once she is sure that someone heard her, she went back to her previous location and sat back down.

Lost in her thoughts and lack of natural light, she easily loses track of time. But she does know that it is some time later before any one opens the door.  There is a gasp as someone notices the body lying on the floor and then stifled sobbing. A light is turned on and Pimpernel, no, Pimpernel is dead, watches silently as another human female looks at and goes over to the dead human. She kneels down and starts silently sobbing. Rather, nearly silently sobs.

"If she was a friend of yours, I'm sorry. I wouldn't have killed her, but she kept attacking me, I had no choice." The new vampire says softly, she really does feel bad about killing the human.

At her words the other female looks up at her. "She was my sister. We are both or rather were both blood donators. Once we donate enough we have so much venom in our system that it changes the flavor of the blood and most vampires don't like the flavor. By then humans are hopelessly addicted to the venom and need more. The vampires should then either turn us, which we'd have a high likelihood of doing, or kill us to save us from the agony of withdrawals. Candy should have been killed earlier or turned. I'm sorry that she attacked you, but I do thank you for being merciful and killing her."

The humans words don't bring the young vampire much peace. She's never killed before but she's even angrier then before. Timothy McDouche did that intentionally and he's even more cruel than she believed previously.

She goes back to looking blankly at the wall as she hears sounds of the body being taken out of the cell. She doesn't react when the light is turned off or the door shut and locked once more.

"There weren't any marks other than offensive ones on the human?" Timothy asks in shock. He hadn't expected the human to live, but not because Pimpernel breaking her neck. He was sure that Pimpernel would drain her of blood.

"The blood from the self induced cut on her wrist wasn't even licked. There was a small pool of blood next to the body. The new vampire was sitting on the other side of the cell. Every once in a while she would make sounds like she wants to vomit. There looked to be vomit near the location of the dead body where she might have done so.

"She yelled out a message when she told us the female was dead, she is even more angry with you than before, sir. She said that she would kill any that are sent in there and wouldn't eat from any of them. She also said that she only gets sick with the smell of the blood. Sir, is there any chance that she is a sensualist instead of a sucker? That would explain her not wanting or needing blood." The vampire guard says giving his report to Timothy some time later.

"That would be lovely, but no. She has shown no more need for sex than she has for blood." The guard nods dully before being dismissed. 

"Have you thought over the possibility that she is a psychic?" The visiting elder says. Timothy looks at him sharply. He hides all other reactions, but looks at the elder with a great deal of interest. 

"There have only been two other psychic vampires ever known in all our history."

"Known, being the operative word there. It would certainly explain her lack of interest in blood and not going crazy for need for food. If she is a psychic vampire the need for her to be under your control, or the control of another vampire becomes imperative. You are aware of the reason that rule or law rather was put in place in the first place."  Tavistock smarmily tells him. Even more than before Timothy doesn't trust this bastard. Tavistock is up to something and Timothy is damn near sure that he got Pimpernel mixed up in it.

Timothy clenches his teeth as he brings his temper under control. He did this to himself when he turned Pimpernel without her permission. "Yes, the unwilling became the biggest hunter of our kind nearly wiping us out. All three times it was linked to an unwillingly turned vampire." Three times the vampires came near to extinction. It was the last that finally forced all the surviving vampires to set in stone the only two laws all vampires every where follow. Never tell the humans about them unless you have some way to control them so they don't ever tell any one else about them. Then the second law, never turn someone that was unwilling.

His grace period is almost up. He must get Pimpernel to accept her new life soon or Tavistock will use this to kill him and take Pimpernel and use her to his ends. Or at least try to.

Timothy in anger lets out a shout of rage.

Why couldn't things have gone the way that he wanted them to go?

Why couldn't Pimpernel just accept her new life?