27

They watch silently as Marissa enters and demands to talk to the detective in charge of Lister's murder case. 

Mason comes out and raises an eyebrow at who he sees waiting for him. "Can I help you?"

"My name is Marissa Lancaster and I want to report that I am responsible for the death of the lawyer, Trevor Lister last night, with the help of my accomplice Reese Jacobs, the death of my late husband  JD Lancaster, with Dale Bente as witness, his mother, Whitney Lancaster and Haley Bernsten." Marissa tells Travis once he comes up to her.

"Well now, Mrs. Lancaster that's quite a list of deaths you are admitting to. Some of them I believe are more than two decades old." He only knew that because he went back and researched the Lancaster file after talking to Melissa earlier.

"I know, I was there." Marissa says through gritted teeth. "Do what ever you need to do, but I need to pay for my sins."

Travis ushers her back to his desk and proceeds to take her statement, starting with Melissa's mother's death. It took several hours to get it all down. In the end Marissa signs it and waits for the detective to arrest her.

Travis smiles happily, not only does this close this newest case, but also three cases. One of which wasn't known as a murder. He wonders if Melissa was some how responsible for this break in the case. He rather think that she is, after all Marissa had gone more than two decades with that first murder on her conscience, she very likely has little to no conscience at all. 

He wonders just what Melissa did to get Marissa to confess to all those murders. "Detective, I don't want any plea deals, will you make sure that the book is thrown at me, or at least make sure that the DA places full charges on me?"

"I can assure you, Mrs. Lancaster that the DA will place all charges on you that he can." Travis has a hard time holding back the smile that wants to come out onto his face. Too bad for Mrs. Lancaster that the state no longer offers the death penalty. With the premeditated murders that she committed she would have been a shoe in for it. Now she'll have to sit in prison for the rest of her life.

Marissa Lancaster is going to find out that life in prison is a great deal different from a few years in jail.

Once they witness that Marissa is doing exactly what she was ordered to do the two leave the precinct and head back to the penthouse.

"Thank you, Timothy, I never imagined finding the truth after all these years." Melissa tells Timothy before kissing him. 

Timothy allows the kiss for a bit before breaking it off. "It was honestly the most fun I've had in some time. However, I didn't do it for you to reward me like that, Melissa."

"Oh, I know. I was just hoping that you would be willing to..." Melissa sends her thoughts to him and he doesn't say anything just picks her up and races to her room.

"I'm going to fucking kill whoever is at the door at this time of day again!" Timothy says rolling out of bed and putting on his pants.

"It's probably Detective Mason again to tell us that the case has been closed. Don't bite his head off please?" Melissa gets up and puts on the shirt that Timothy hands her. He sighs before kissing her hard.

"Please make yourself presentable before coming out." Timothy says as he leaves the room. He knows what Melissa is likely to do, doesn't mean he wants to make it easy for her.

"Detective? Two days in a row? What brings you to this humble abode this time?" Timothy says opening the door to the detective to allow him passage.