36

Over the years Melissa had learned just what her abilities are and how to use them to her best advantage. Walking into that room she immediately starts searching through the minds of the seethe members. None of them have mental walls strong enough to keep her out, but she does it so well, that none of them even notice that she is ransacking their memories and thoughts.

She ignores anything that doesn't have anything to do with her, her bonded or her seethe until she finds something that has to do with the human side of her life. She lets Timothy know about the people wanting to try to force him out of his human power base.

Timothy smiles grimly at the information he receives and as soon as he can makes some phone calls to his key personnel to block those attempts and set a trap for those that would try.

All in all, of those that were there, none were guilty, at least the seethe leaders were unknowing of the treachery.

They are all told thanks for coming and they were free to go if they wished.

More than a few were confused and a bit irritated, but when one of the ancient vampires calls, you come, no matter how inconvenient it might be.

More than one council member confronts Timothy about why they are all called here. He lets them know about the attempted killing of Melissa's bonded. They all leave thankful that Timothy seems to be interviewing suspects instead of declaring out right war on every one. They have no doubt, however, that once the culprits are found that that seethe will likely be no more.

Although, they aren't as confused as the others, they are still more than a little irritated. They are irritated at the fools that would dare to attack Timothy in this way. They just hope that there isn't additional fall out, like there easily could be.

They return to TJ and Tad rather than stay at the penthouse. Indeed, since the boys will be returning with them Melissa is planning on selling the apartment and is having Cliff go over the best offers for her. The boys will be selling their place as well. They have no more desire to be there than Melissa does.

They go and check on TJ to see how the transition in going and Cliff is pleasantly surprised to find that it is mostly finished. "I believe that he'll likely wake tomorrow, but," Cliff shrugs, "the signs are there, but there are no guarantees."

Cliff sends her out of the room and tells her that he'll stay the night with TJ. He doesn't like the color Melissa has. She has eaten, and eaten well, but now she needs sleep. 

Cliff snorts at his thoughts as the door closes with Melissa taking one last look behind her. It's doubtful that Melissa will be getting to sleep any time soon. She has a bonded that hasn't seen her in months and was seriously hurt earlier that day, another bonded that is damn near addicted to whatever it is she does, and then there is Timothy that is besotted with her and she with him.

Cliff is mildly irritated that Timothy hasn't already asked her to mark him and to mark her. He fully expected it to happen more than a year ago. He wonders what the hold up is this time.

He sits down and makes himself comfortable. Keeping an eye on the new vampire and letting himself get lost in his thoughts, he passes the night. He will be more than happy to have all these strange vampires out of his territory. It makes him edgy to have them around.

There is a reason he no longer has a seethe. There is a reason he doesn't reside in a seethe. Although, he might take up Timothy's offer if he gets bored. He has more or less adopted Melissa and her brother's and they will be going back to Timothy's seethe. It will make it easier to work with Melissa's holdings with her being at his side and not having to do video calls, fax's, phone calls all the time.

By the time morning rolls around he's pretty much talked himself into moving into Timothy's seethe. He won't become part of it, but he'll request permission to live and work there. He nods his head sharply at that decision and that's when he notices TJ's eyes are open.

"Proud of yourself aren't you old man?" TJ whispers before coughing.

Cliff smirks, he'd wondered if it could be passed on by other than blood line and he has his answer. "Hungry baby?"

TJ wrinkles his nose at the nickname. But then shrugs internally, he does deserve it, he did after all call one of the most ancient vampires an old man. To him he is a baby. That and he just woke up as a vampire. "I'm a bit thirsty, but not unbearably so. Where's my sister?"

Cliff shrugs, "Possibly trying to sleep. I'm sure the others kept her up all night."

His words make TJ's eyes shine. Cliff smirks. Well, so far TJ is showing signs of two of the vampires, does he have the third as well? That is a very important question. So far, none of the vampires turned by psychic vampires have been psychic as well.

Cliff looks to see if there is a bond between TJ and Melissa as there should be in a normal turning. He smirks to see that there isn't. He sighs in satisfaction. Either TJ has blood from one of the other psychic vampires through an ancestor like Melissa, or Melissa successfully turned a psychic vampire. Well, a new vampire technically since he can feed from all forms. At least he's exhibiting some of the actions sensualists show upon waking, without even realizing it. That and he's become even more attractive. 

Cliff hadn't thought that would happen. TJ already had people falling at his feet and into his bed, now though, Cliff doubts that TJ will have any trouble seducing any one he wants.

TJ sighs, "I had hoped that she would be here when I woke up."

"If she had known that you would be waking up this quickly I wouldn't have been able to pry her out of this room. You did even better than I thought you would, you woke up less than eighteen hours after receiving the venom. I don't think anyone has turned that quickly before."

"TJ?" Melissa's sweet voice says from the doorway.

TJ turns to her and his eyes light up. Then they get darker with desire. Cliff chuckles to himself. Just another manifestation that TJ is a a sensualist as well. Enough of Timothy's venom must have mixed with TJ's blood from feeding and what not over the years.

Cliff excuses himself as the two start talking. He figures that it won't be long before more than talking happens.

"TJ?" He finds the other males standing in the living room and staring at him. "He's awake. He's also exhibiting traits for all three vampires. He should be able to eat enough from emotions and thoughts to keep him from ever going into a blood lust. Don't be surprised if he brings even more people home for sex."

"What about the other?" Timothy asks anxiously, having nodded his head at Cliff's words about the other.

"There is no child/maker bonds. I have no doubt that he has a least a little psychic ability. But it won't be any where near as powerful as Melissa's. She will need to start teaching as soon as possible to help him control and hone his abilities."

Timothy frowns but nods his understanding. "I don't think that will be a problem. When will the next meeting take place?"

"There should be several seethe leaders here by tonight. The European one said that she was bringing someone with her that would like to talk to you personally, but she didn't say who. All she would say is that it's a surprise."

Timothy wrinkles his nose up at that. He's not had very many good surprises in his life. Some have been down right deadly. He smirks, he survived even when those giving him the surprise didn't.

"Very well. Travis, I would like to wait until tomorrow to start your turning, but something tells me that would be a very bad idea. So once Melissa decides to join us, if you are sure you want this and she's still willing, then we'll start your change."

"Thank you, Timothy. Would any of you like breakfast besides Tad?" Cliff accepts but Timothy gives him a sheepish look and shakes his head. Travis grimaces to himself. Of course Timothy wouldn't, he'll need the space for the feeding he'll be doing once Melissa joins them.