33

The three sibling along with Timothy sit together at the arraignment of Marissa. They see Sarah come in and after giving a glare at her brothers she ignores Melissa and gives a flirtatious smile to Timothy.

Timothy ignores her and leans over to kiss Melissa to show Sarah that she has nothing to offer him. Sarah gives him an angry glare then turns her attention to the female at his side. Only then does she stagger a bit before shaking her head in negation. She blindly looks for a seat and sits down.

"That went rather well, now didn't it?" Timothy says just loud enough for Melissa and her brothers to hear.

They all snicker at his words. Sarah keeps taking quick disbelieving looks at Melissa until court is called to order.

They sit patiently until Marissa's case is called in. Marissa is lead into the room shackled and in the lovely prisoner orange jumpsuit. Melissa can't help but smirk at the sight.

Melissa makes sure that Marissa sees Pimpernel's ghost and hears her voice in her head, once more warning her about the price of her failing to plead guilty.

When the judge asks for her plea, there is no hesitancy when she pleads guilty.

After court finished they are all gathered together waiting for Travis to show up when Sarah comes over. "I thought I was hallucinating seeing you two here. The last I saw of you, you swore you didn't want anything more to do with mom."

"We don't. Marissa is a lying, murdering, bitch and is finally getting what she deserves. We just came to make sure it happens. Too bad about your lover being arrested as a killer after the fact." TJ says rudely, "It's just as well he took you to get that abortion, just imagine what your kid would be like?"

TJ squeezes Tad's hand to make sure that he understands that he doesn't think that about him.

"You bastard! His child wasn't the only one I had  aborted, you know!" Sarah is by now screaming and drawing the attention of the people waiting for their turn in the court.

"You had so many lovers, many of them old enough to be your father, how could you possibly know who the father of any of your bastards could be?" TJ says cruelly and spitefully.

"Enough, TJ, no need to needle her here in public. There is too much chance secrets we don't want told will." Melissa soothes mentally. Then she also soothes Tad.

"Who's the whore at your side, TJ?" Sarah says turning to the female that is absolutely stunning and hating her for it.

"This is Melissa Heath. She is the girlfriend of Timothy McGavity here. Who I believe you already met, rather unlpleasantly when you tried to steal from Pimpernel. He was her boss and was protecting her interests. I believe he had you thrown out of the building for trespassing, wasn't it Timothy?"

Timothy smiles nastily, "Yes, it was. She sure made a racket as she was being escorted out too. The female has no self control or class." Timothy rakes her over with his eyes and sneers. "She really needs to take some lessons. Your sister had more class in her pinky finger than she," pointing to Sarah, "has in her whole body. Pimpernel will be greatly missed at work, but I highly doubt that this person will be missed if she left the town."

"Hush, Timothy, no need to embarrass the girl like that. She can't help that she was raised by the murderous bitch that was or rather is, her mother. You should pity her instead. It seems that the boys got all the good qualities from her." Melissa says sincerely.

This sends Sarah into an absolute fury. She goes to attack Melissa who calmly just steps back. TJ and Tad hold Sarah back even while Travis comes up and sets handcuffs on her. He reads her, her rights and has her taken out of the court house by another officer. "Well, so much for spending the day together. I'll be some time writing up the report on this incident." Travis says disgustedly. "Like mother like daughter. Both too damn stupid to realize that they are attacking you in public, with police as witnesses no less. Do you want to press charges on her?"

"Yeah, a little jail time will do her some good. Too bad bruises and cuts heal too visibly fast, I could have allowed her to actually hurt me and put her in for even longer."

"Now, Melissa, who needs to calm down now?" Timothy says smirking.  Melissa sticks her tongue out at him. "Oh, so grown up, Melissa." Timothy teases her back and they all snicker a bit.

"Can you write your report at the penthouse? Perhaps you can't participate, but you can still be near us." Melissa asks her newest bound.

"Yeah, I'll get my sergeant to sign off on it. They are all really happy with me for closing the case so quickly and closing those cold cases as well." Travis tells her. Melissa caresses his face and gives him a smile before he turns to leave.

"Well this day has certainly gone better than I had hoped." Melissa says brightly as they leave the courthouse.  "I just wish that one of the other officers had been the arresting officer so that Travis could participate with us."

"He'll get his report done quickly then join us afterwards. I doubt it will take him long. He likes being near you too much to dally over the fucking report." TJ says even as he gives her a kiss after the door is closed to the penthouse.

"I know, but that bitch always has to do things to ruin my plans. You have no idea how many times I had to leave the house in order to get away from her. I spent a great deal of my time at the pool just to stay away from the wicked witch of the east."

"I know," TJ purrs softly.

"I know you know, I could always tell when you were watching. I made sure to give you a show." Melissa purrs back.

"You knew?" TJ swallows hard.

" Of course I did, I wondered if you would ever join me. You never did." Melissa is amused by TJ's reaction, "Besides didn't you tell me you recorded me earlier?" This time Melissa doesn't hide her mirth and starts laughing at the sheepish look TJ has on his face.