24

"Melissa," Timothy tries to say after he shuts the door, but Melissa has already left the room.

As she leaves she says, "I need a swim. You can join me if you want or not." She doesn't look back to see if he follows her or not. As she goes she starts taking her clothes off. By the time she gets to the pool she's down to her lingerie. She doesn't even break stride as she heads for the pool.

Timothy follows her and swallows harder with each piece of clothing she removes. It doesn't take him long to follow her example. He jumps into the pool shortly after her. He stays back as she swims out her frustration or irritation or whatever it is, he can't tell what she is feeling at this time and that isn't something he's used to.

After she continues for several minutes with no sign of stopping Timothy starts swimming in sync with her.

Finally, he can't tell how long it's been, she decides to stop. "Feel better?"

"Not really, I'm not even really sure just what's wrong or what I need to do to fix it."

"I'm here if you want to talk to me, but I won't force you to be near me." Timothy wants to take her in his arms and hold her though. He shoves that feeling down hard and buries it deep, that's the last thing he can do. 

"I'm tired Timothy, so tired of being alone. All my life, I only had my father, and occasional visits of my grandmother to show that I was wanted. I wish more than anything you hadn't turned me. Not because being a vampire is horrible, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but because now the loneliness will continue."

Timothy dares to touch her by caressing her face. "I'm sorry you feel that way, Melissa. I stand by my actions though, because you don't need to be alone. You will never be alone again unless you choose to be so. As long as you are under my care, I will be here for you. The same will go for whichever seethe leader you choose. We care about those under our protection.

"But, I want you to know, once I had seen you at the office, I would have wanted to pursue an acquaintance with you. You took my breath away when I saw you, it was only my stupidity that had me acting like an ass to you. I seem to excel doing that when it comes to you."

"Oh, please, you were always seen with those plastic barbies, I didn't look anything like them."

"Some of those plastic barbies as you call them, were in fact vampires." Timothy says more than a little amused.

Melissa shrugs, "Doesn't change the fact that they weren't real."

"I'm going to tell you something, and I want you to pay attention so you know if I'm telling you the truth," Timothy drops his mental shields so that she has full access, "I was more attracted to you that day than I've ever been attracted to any female in my long life. You have only gotten even more beautiful, Melissa. The more I've gotten to know you the more I'm attracted to you." Timothy smiles weakly, "But I've messed things up from the get go. I realize that you choosing to stay with me and my seethe aren't very high-"

Timothy is cut off by Melissa kissing him. After all he's done to her he never expected her to ever initiate any kind of physical intimacy between them. He doesn't hesitate to kiss her back.

After kissing for some time Timothy pulls back, "If you want to stop, now's the time to do it, because restraint wasn't something I have had much practice in when it comes to sex."

"I don't want to be alone any more, Timothy," Melissa tells him before he cuts her off with another kiss. He takes them both out of the pool. He doesn't take them directly to the bedroom first, he takes them to a bathroom and turns on the shower. "Letting the chlorine dry on our skin is even worse than it is for humans, drains us when it isn't necessary." Timothy explains when Melissa looks at him. "Besides, showers can be fun."

Then Timothy proceeds to show Melissa just how fun showers can be.

The next morning there is knocking on the door, very early. They both wake up, and neither one of them is happy about how early it is. "Even on vacation I can't catch a break." Timothy groans.

He slides out of the bed and looks for something to put on. He grabs not just his pants but his shirt and tosses it to Melissa. "I've got this, but just in case you wish to join us." Melissa gives him a sleepy smile. 

She remembers the night before and it was just like her dream, the one she had the night before she was turned. She recalls every delicious moment of it. She has no illusions, she doesn't expect Timothy to be exclusive, he needs sex almost as much as he needs blood. With as much experience as he has, it's highly doubtful that he'd be satisfied with just one partner that isn't experienced at all, except for what he showed her that night.

Melissa gets out of bed wondering who could be coming over this early in the morning.

Before he makes it to the door, the knocking sounds once more, or rather pounding. "I'm coming, hold your fucking horses." Timothy yells out as he comes into the room. He pulls open the door and growls. "What? Who the fuck are you?" Timothy growls out when he sees the man standing there.

"My name is Detective Travis Mason. I am here to talk to a Miss Melissa Heath." The detective says as he shows his badge to Timothy. He looks at Timothy suspiciously, "Can I come in?"

Timothy looks over the badge and sighs, "What is this about Detective Mason?"

"Can I come in, please? I would like to talk to Miss Heath and explain it to her then."

Timothy gives him a hard look before moving out of the way. "I'll go get her, please take a seat."

"I'm right here. Please, Detective have a seat and tell me what this is about. I have only been here for a short time and have done nothing to draw the attention of the police."

Detective Mason takes a seat and waits for the other two to do so as well. "You've changed Pimpernel, you were beautiful six years ago, but now you are exceptionally so. Why did you change your name?"

"Before she tells you her story, how about you tell her why you are here?"